My new 1939 S/42 Luger

daltrey99

NES Member
This is my 1939 S/42 reworked Luger. It has carved decorative walnut grips. I may put on regular grips I am not sure yet. Although I do like them, I am more of a classic look kinda guy. This is my first Luger as I am more of a P38 guy. But I always wanted one. I think I did ok for my first one. I will post some better pics when I get a chance.
hpim1911.jpg

It is not matching. It has been reblued. I bought it for shooting purposes and not collectability. By reworked I mean that it was an arsenal rebuilt at some time by the Germans.

thanks for clarifying - my 1918 (with its occasional doubling and tripling) keeps things interesting. I recently got a wolf springs kit and plan to replace all the springs and put more tension in the sear bar spring - that 'should' take care of it.

thanks for clarifying - my 1918 (with its occasional doubling and tripling) keeps things interesting. I recently got a wolf springs kit and plan to replace all the springs and put more tension in the sear bar spring - that 'should' take care of it.

Hey be careful there Sir_Macadoo, you just admitted to possessing a machine gun! [shocked] [laugh]

Are you talking about the trigger bar spring? That part does not come with the Wolff kit. You can get them from Numrich for about $11 (You'll get a discount if you have your C&R on file with them.) If that spring is weak that could certainly be your problem with doubling. Also you can pull the top end off the gun, and with the striker cocked, push on the forward edge of the trigger bar and see how much resistance it takes to fire the striker. Sometimes if there's dirt and grime stuck in there it'll restrict the movement of the trigger bar and create problems. MAKE SURE THE CHAMBER IS EMPTY WHEN YOU PULL THE TOP END OFF WITH THE STRIKER COCKED; LUGER UPPER WILL FIRE ON IT'S OWN!!!!!

Nice luger! If you plan on shooting it a lot, I'd get a set of original grips and put the fancy ones aside and just use them "for show." Lugers are fun to own and shoot. They also tend to be a little finicky about magazines. I went through several before I found a couple that would work reliably in mine. Some of the cheap after-market ones are pure junk.

Are you talking about the trigger bar spring? That part does not come with the Wolff kit. You can get them from Numrich for about $11 (You'll get a discount if you have your C&R on file with them.) If that spring is weak that could certainly be your problem with doubling. Also you can pull the top end off the gun, and with the striker cocked, push on the forward edge of the trigger bar and see how much resistance it takes to fire the striker. Sometimes if there's dirt and grime stuck in there it'll restrict the movement of the trigger bar and create problems. MAKE SURE THE CHAMBER IS EMPTY WHEN YOU PULL THE TOP END OFF WITH THE STRIKER COCKED; LUGER UPPER WILL FIRE ON IT'S OWN!!!!!

Great advice, thanks much - ill give that a try! Yea, I got a new sear bar spring (and some other bits and pieces) from Dr. Luger - hes out in the midwest somewhere - I found him on lugerforum.com. Great guy, very knowledgeable and helpful.

Great advice, thanks much - ill give that a try! Yea, I got a new sear bar spring (and some other bits and pieces) from Dr. Luger - hes out in the midwest somewhere - I found him on lugerforum.com. Great guy, very knowledgeable and helpful.

Dr. Luger is a good guy. His outfit is named Heller Arms and is out of Missouri. He frequents the P38 forum that I belong to.

Back
Top Bottom