My first mosin M44

Been trying to find and m44 for some time now that wasn't going to cost me in the ballpark of $300.

I wised up, got my C&R license and promptly ordered two mosins shipped to my door for the price of a local M44.

How I love this little price of paper :)

Anyway, my new '44 Ishevsk. Typical refurb, nothing special. Can't wait to see some fireballs!

Not as pretty as my 91/30...but I bet it will be more fun to shoot!

My other mosin should be here next week!

4c7f8cf1-702b-64f3.jpg

4c7f8cf1-703a-af3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Nice! I bought an M44 as my 1st C&R rifle and they are still my favorite... I just need to find a Polish M44 to complete the collection.

Exactly the reason why I wanted one.

91/30s just don't have big enough fireballs

You will soon own three Mosins. I have a feeling it will not stop at three. Now you need to find a M38. Nice rifle.

What ever you do DO NOT order one of those Chinese M44 versions for sale by our friends who are presently offering them on the web. They are HORRIBLE. I mean JUNK!

Stocks are so soft you can almost poke a hole in them with your finger. One of them had a bore that looked like a 22 could fit thru it. Wait, see if you can snag one at a show or privately.

I ordered a hand pick Chinese T53 about a month ago and mine is fine. I don' know which vendor you're talking about but mine looks fine and the bore is good.

Last edited:
What ever you do DO NOT order one of those Chinese M44 versions for sale by our friends who are presently offering them on the web. They are HORRIBLE. I mean JUNK!

Stocks are so soft you can almost poke a hole in them with your finger. One of them had a bore that looked like a 22 could fit thru it. Wait, see if you can snag one at a show or privately.

Well thank you Fred, i was going back and forth between the chinese for $139 (if you buy two) and a soviet for $179. Orders on the way! I had sold my mosin's a while ago and missed them. if anyone is still thinking about a 913/0, I suggest going to collectors in Merrimack. They are still selling a few from the crate for $99.99. You can't buy them with your C&R for that !! (when you include shipping, and those guys that fred is talking about charge 2% on the credit card as well). These guys are good people, let's help them out. I just bought a 91/30 hex from them today for $139.99. Yes, this was $10 to $20 more than my C&R (when you include shipping) , but i got to look at 6 rifles and pick the one i wanted. How many of you with C&R guys always wonder if you wasted your money with the hand pick? (all of us).

I am not affiliated with these guys but i get the feeling they are good people and i hope they make it.

I heard that too, but also saw pics of some tgat looked decent. Either way, I didn't want to take the chance as it seems a lot of the Chinese mosins were used in SE Asia. Cool for historical reasons, but not if you actually want to shoot it.

I wanted a fresh out of the crate refurb which is why I ordered the Russian m44. And that's what I got. It had Cosmo everywhere which made me happy. Stock looked brand new, and even though it was counterbored the rifling is strong and the bore looks like a mirror and patches slide with ease.

I just finished cleaning it up, and now it's time to shoot it :)

Oh, I did buy a 3rd mosin last week 1926 Hex ex-dragoon on the way. :)

Figured id post this here rather than a new thread.

Got myself a '26 Ishevsk over the weekend. I wanted a Hex receiver 91/30 since I already had a round receiver 91/30 so I wanted variety.

4c7f8cf1-b654-fe20.jpg

All three together.
4c7f8cf1-b6ac-8ba4.jpg

4c7f8cf1-b6c3-74b5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom