• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My .223 reloads

First 1100 "keepers" finished. I ran out of stripper clips, otherwise there'd be 1300 in here. Starting the next ammo can now.[smile]

Mixed brass, 55 gr. FMJBT over 23 grains of H322. Nice load in my 16" M4 upper -- both the accuracy and max load. I want to get these chrono'd when I can.

reloads.jpg

Nice!

I prepping cases for another batch myself. How many cases do you think fit in a 5 gallon bucket? I haven't counted but I started with 2/3 of a bucket full.

What a pain in the ass. I guess it beats paying for loaded ammo though.

I'm going to use 24 grains of H335 under a 55gr FMJBT. I was getting 1/2 MOA groups out of my Savage with that load and it's accurate enough in my AR too.

Not sure but that's alot of brass. I know about 500 fit in a 4 pound powder keg, because that's my "incoming" container for range brass to be processed out of the tumber.

The pain is prepping the brass, but it's going faster than when I was learning. Once it's prepped, it all goes like hell on the Hornady LnL progressive.

I might have to load my range brass now. Gun will come later. Nice job on those, I'm jealous. [grin]

I solved my 223 reloading problem. I do 99% of my practice with a 22 LR upper and save the 223 for matches. I figure I have saved over $1000 in the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom