my .223 is useless

Ammo manufacturers and distributors are backordered as well. They are already working overtime, but buying more equipment and building new facilities costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time.

Not what I have heard from some buddies in the ammo distribution world, but we will see

So, when I go to my mail order reloading supplier, which is quite a large seller, and see that their web site shows that they are out of stock of all primers, most bullets, and most loaded ammo, they really aren't out? Is that what you are saying?

Last edited:
When supply gets caught up, you hope prices will come down?

Have you ever seen prices of anything come down?

How much did prices drop after the last buying frenzy 4 years ago?

Wishful thinker, you are.

Oh, I don't know. In late 2011, you could find surplus 7.62NATO around $400/1K, and 5.56 was pretty easy to find in the spring and summer of 2012 for under $300/1K. That's a far cry from what it was during or just after the 2008 panic. And even into November, stripped AR lowers could be had many places for around $80; again, a mere fraction of what they were selling for right after Inaguration 1. Prices floated back down to "near normal" levels. Not quite as good as "the good old days," but down more toward normal when supply caught up with (cooling) demand.

For those in MA or nearby, Pullman Arms in Worcester has most of a pallet of WPA .223 REM, steel case, 55gr FMJ. $212 plus tax for 500 rounds, 500 round limit. Hope it helps.

Riley's in Hooksett has / had Federal this morning (saturday 02-FEB-2013) 500 round cases of 5.56 for 179.00 a case...

It was flying out -- I call them daily

Its a great price

Back
Top Bottom