Muzzleloader Scope Needed

Looking for a recommendation on a scope to replace the POS that came with my Omega. I have rings for a 1” tube, and I like the 3-9 mag, but could be swayed to other options. Thinking I’d like to spend less than $200, but will probably spend more like I always do. I’m probably only shooting 100-150yrds max, so don’t need any fancy ballistic reticle stuff.

There's a shift ton of -$200 scopes out there for black powder rifles. I had my Leopold vxIII 2.5x8x32 on my Omega for a few years. I know have a old Tasco pro point that's been kicking around on various rifles for 20 plus years now.

The Leupold VX-Freedom line is getting pretty solid reviews. It replaces both the VX-1 and VX-2 in Leupold’s rifle scope line up. Price wise the scope is pretty close to the VX-1, and Leupold has confirmed that the scope comes fitted with VX-2 glass, among other improvements. The scope has a one inch main tube and its reticle is in the second focal plane. It also features Leupold’s Twilight Light Management System, basically some pretty nifty lens coatings, which are said to deliver excellent performance in low-light situations and handle glare extremely well.

The scopes are available in the magnification ranges of 1.5-4×20, 2-7×33, 3-9×40, 3-9×50 and 4-12×40.

Back
Top Bottom