Multiple people injured by roaming shooters in West Texas, police say

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
By Dennis Romero

Multiple people have been struck by one shooter, possibly two. One of the shooters hijacked a U.S. mail truck and was reported to be roaming the streets of Odessa, Texas, and nearby Midland, police said Saturday afternoon.

Odessa police said on Facebook, "A subject (possibly 2) is currently driving around Odessa shooting at random people. At this time there are multiple gunshot victims. The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut."

Police urged the public to get off the road "and use extreme caution."

"All law enforcement is currently searching for the suspect and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available," the statement said.

Midland police said on social media at about 4 p.m. that they believe are two shooters in two different vehicles. "The two vehicles in question are: gold/white small Toyota truck and a USPS Postal Van."

The University of Texas of the Permian Basin told students, staff and faculty to shelter in place.

Multiple people shot in West Texas, police say

Statistically a Texan is more likely to not own a firearm and drive a Toyota Camry instead of a truck.

In the democrat stronghold of Austin maybe, not out in the countryside.

I lived in Texas for four years and almost everybody had guns. This was back when gun racks in trucks were as common as western style boots which most wore down there.....even the women. Now the racks are gone but the guns are in locked tool boxes or under the back seat or in the car trunk or console.

The busiest places in town on any Saturday were gun shops, pawn shops that sold guns and shooting ranges.

The lack of early details vs. other atrocities is getting my noggin a jogging. Hijacked a USPS truck but no description of suspects?

News conference with police just said dead shooter was white male in his 30s....get ready for the "White Nationalism" s--t storm blaming Trump for it again!

Last edited:
Heard for years that "This sh!t wont happen down here in Texas"

It wasn't until the dems started moving from Cali and getting more power there

ce2.png

Serious question. Whats the threshold that needs to be met for ATF and/or FBI to respond to a shooting? 3-4-5 people in a shitty neighborhood get shot on a friday night, these guys arent responding right? What was it 11 people shot at some block party not so long ago, did they respond? Just curious how they determine whether to get involved or not.

I will never understand what drives these animals to just go out and start shooting people.

ODESSA, Texas (AP) — Authorities said Saturday that a gunman killed five people during a mass shooting in the West Texas cities of Odessa and Midland that left many more injured. At least three law enforcement officers were among those shot.

Odessa Police Chief Michael Gerke said that there were at least 21 injured by gunfire. He described the suspected shooter as a white male in his 30s. The suspect was shot and killed at the Cinergy movie theater in Odessa, Gerke said.

The shooting set off a chaotic afternoon in which police reported that a suspect hijacked a U.S. Postal Service vehicle and began firing at random in the area of Odessa and Midland, hitting multiple people. Police initially reported that there could be more than one shooter, but Gerke says authorities now believe it was one shooter.

Odessa police chief: 21 shot, 5 killed in Texas shooting

Ive read it started as a traffic stop which I would think would make it a random thing rather than something that was planned ahead of time. Of course it went from 3 shooters to 2 and as soon as one is dead it drops to one shooter.

Ive read it started as a traffic stop which I would think would make it a random thing rather than something that was planned ahead of time. Of course it went from 3 shooters to 2 and as soon as one is dead it drops to one shooter.

I don't FEEL that it happened at all, so it didn't.o_O......just more fake news.

Back
Top Bottom