• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mrs. Magnums new SW1911

Well Mrs. Magnum has been busy with her sister who just got back from Fort Dix and will be heading to Iraq in the days to come but I could not wait to get this out and shoot it so I took it out today and of course it was great. I only had one problem with one of the mags engaging the slide stop with one round left (mag problem not gun?).

Although I have shot many 1911s there is nothing like your own (wife’s) that you can just let loose on, I am even thinking of deleting my request for an M&P45 and putting that money towards a SW1911PD which I have wanted for awhile. We drove all the way to the gun show last weekend to buy this from the gun shop right down the road but it was worth it, anyone thinking of a SW1911 go for it.

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

Saaaaaay,

That is one sharp lookinig S&W there ! [smile]

I like the two tone look with the black (Blued ?) accents. Nice.

I've got the full size 1911Sc and MrsTwigg has the SW1911PD
(It's the one I really wanted.)

Every time MrsTwigg lets me "borrow" hers at the range I'm amazed at how well it points for me and how well I can shoot it - For some reason I seem to be a LOT more accurate with hers, despite the thinner grips and shorter sight raidus.

Guess I'll have to go get me one of my own . [thinking]

+1

I was looking to pick up a Para Ltd which I found out was not on the LIST yet because it was a new model. I ended up getting the same model as you and I have no regrets. The SW1911's are real shooters. I use it for steel and USPSA and it runs smooth as silk.

Back
Top Bottom