• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MRA in Woburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just signed up to MRA in Woburn and apparently I need to take a test. What is this test all about? Kid at the counter told me its multiple choice and fill in the blanks. Test is in regards to range rules (so I am told.) I must ask, is this test difficult? There are a lot of rules at this place. I haven't studied a manual in years....arghhh[angry]

It's nothing to worry about. You will watch a video and have an orientation and then a multiple guess quiz which you will review with the instructor. Pay attention and you are all set. There are rules posted everywhere, be safe, no gun handling in the lounge. When in doubt just look up and read one of the signs. Welcome to the club!

The test is just to help people learn the rules. They are very concerned with safety and if you look at a map of the area you will understand. I have attached an aerial shot of the neighborhood. Rt.128 is just beyond Olympia ave. The businesses to the right are on Washington st.

Attachments

• Screenshot-Bing Maps - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot-Bing Maps - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 47
Don't sweat it - the "test" is easy. You'll find, however, the rules at the MRA are a bit authoritarian, and they tend to get a bad rap here because of it...

Passed the test. Would have gotten my key fob today, but they didn't have any. I have to go back next Sunday. I am very excited to finally belong to a club that is close to home and not have to go to Manchester firing line when I want to go shooting.[grin]

I am very excited to finally belong to a club that is close to home and not have to go to Manchester firing line when I want to go shooting.[grin]

i dont know how much you are into shooting, but sometimes the drive is worth it once you out grow the local facilities/FUDD rules. youll find out with due time what i am talking about. good luck

Last edited:
i dont know how much you are into shooting, but sometimes the drive is worth it once you out grow the local facilities/FUDD rules. youll find out with due time what i am talking about. good luck

Yep... good riddance to that place and its anti-black rifle ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom