• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving towns within MA

I have recently been approved Class A no restrictions in Norton MA. I will be moving to another town in MA in a few months.

My question, What do I have to do once I move? Do I need to re-apply with the new town? Is it the same process?

Fortunatly for me I will be moving to another Green Town !! [smile]

Thanks

Go to the GOAL site, it will explain what needs to be done. If I remember correctly you need to send a registered letter to the Chief of Police in your current town letting them know your moving. I'm pretty sure you don't need to re-apply for your license. Wait for some NES members with more knowledge to chime in.

I have recently been approved Class A no restrictions in Norton MA. I will be moving to another town in MA in a few months.

My question, What do I have to do once I move? Do I need to re-apply with the new town? Is it the same process?

Fortunatly for me I will be moving to another Green Town !! [smile]

Thanks
You need to send three change of address letters via certified mail to:
1) Chief of Police in Norton.
2) Chief of Police in your new town.
3) Firearms Records Bureau.

Note, these MUST BE SENT CERTIFIED MAIL. The requirement for using USPS certified mail is in the statute. No, you don't need to reapply.

http://www.goal.org/Documents/frb_change_address.pdf

No need to re-apply. You must notify your issuing authority, the new town's COP, and the CHSB via certified mail within 30 days. (M.G.L. c.140 s.131(l))

Any licensee shall notify, in writing, the licensing authority who issued said license, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction the licensee moves and the executive director of the criminal history systems board of any change of address. Such notification shall be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence. Failure to so notify shall be cause for revocation or suspension of said license.

ETA: M1911 - seconds, mere seconds [laugh]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom