Moving back to MA from Northern California, gun questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorRain

Banned
Most of my life I have not lived in gun friendly states and if I have, it was at a time in my life where I was not that interested or made fun of people for wearing their hunting camos because lets face it, I never seen much of that growing up in MA so it was foreign. I mean like most people from MA, most of us dont express interest in guns that often. In fact growing up in the Lowell area, seems like more people were into cars or fixing cars than taking up shooting. Even though where i grew up was near NH, I never heard people talking about guns like ever.. even in HS, my family doesn't have to many guns either so I wasn't raised around it, my dad nor my moms side of the family. As I get older though, its of more interest to me. I am 32 yrs old.

I have moved around but plan to relocate to MA really soon and I must let it be known.. I am for gun control but at the same time I believe the paperwork should not be so extensive because I also have interest in owning guns like up to 3, but personally I don't see why I'd need one in MA.. Its more for something to do to live off the land or shoot with. Unless you live in the country it may serve no purpose but I want opinions.. Is it wise to get into guns living around Lowell? Even towns like Billerica? I know MA is real strict when it comes to this stuff.. have any contemplated going illegally and saying **** the background checks? private sales? I plan to go that route but since I am responsible and don't plan to create mass chaos, I believe people with my same intentions should be able to get a gun more easily but don't want the maniacs to have them at the same time. Thats where I stand.

Related to that subject, I feel that the current "legal" gun owners in this country screwed up royally as well. I don't think legal gun owners are all angels, contrary to what some people say in here. I am not for banning all guns but lets just say that many of the current gun owners are not helping America out and many are ill informed. At least I study this country and the real problems going on and I think a lot of right wing nutjobs truly turned what was a good organization into something terrible and its disgraceful. I am an outsider looking in who possibly wants to take part but has been deterred or weeded out because he doesn't like what he sees or has seen. Maybe if this community didn't have so many rednecks, it would be better. Thats my final note on this. I am sure I pissed some people off, this is my first post but I am brutally honest, I can't help it.

It's two in the morning and I don't know where to start. Is there a REAL question in there somewhere? What do you want to know outside of your drawn out editorial.

Beyond that if you want to try and enlighten us feel free. Want to engage in a discussion feel free. But for the most part all I see in your post is you, describing your opinions, and asking how to get a gun illegally / should you get a gun illegally (the answer is: I wouldn't recommend it).

Try and start a real conversation or post in one of the topics that sparks your interest. If you are simply trying to get a rise out of us go troll somewhere else..

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure you are aware, but there are many laws in MA... Since you are for gun control, you may want to read up here on what can happen if you try to go under the radar:

Welcome to MCI Cedar Junction

(h)(1) Whoever owns, possesses or transfers a firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition without complying with the provisions of section 129C of chapter 140 shall be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than 2 years or by a fine of not more than $500. Whoever commits a second or subsequent violation of this paragraph shall be punished by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than 2 years or by a fine of not more than $1,000, or both. Any officer authorized to make arrests may arrest without a warrant any person whom the officer has probable cause to believe has violated this paragraph.

Moving to Mass - GOAL
Frequently Asked Questions - GOAL

Your for gun control, but think there is too much paper work? And are thinking of getting one illegally?!
Wow glad your moving back to mass and not making the run up NH.

These posts have been boggling my mind lately....

If your trying to get a gun on the low I hear Chicago is a good place. You might try strolling the south and west side streets

I also hear cedar junction now has vacancy, enjoy your stay with bubba. Maybe the rednecks will be nice enough to send you some KY

Your for gun control, but think there is too much paper work? And are thinking of getting one illegally?!
Wow glad your moving back to mass and not making the run up NH.

These posts have been boggling my mind lately....

Instead of making arrogant snide remarks like this, try being helpful. Its the polite rudeness and indirect behavior of people that make me even more resentful. Instead of getting mad at all the minorities, I find myself getting mad at people who are polite and snide at the same time like how I see you to be. I deserve equal ****ing rights too and I will fight to change the way things are. I clearly stated I am not a genocidal maniac yet you treat me like one.

I think its very mean also for people to call me a troll and tell me I'm not serious when I dedicated a long goddamn post to this.. I AM SERIOUS but people get me angry when they are snide and arrogant. California made me a worse bastard what can I say?

I think its very mean also for people to call me a troll and tell me I'm not serious when I dedicated a long goddamn post to this.. I AM SERIOUS but people get me angry when they are snide and arrogant. California made me a worse bastard what can I say?

You are doing a great job at proving suitability... Please, tell me more about how angry you are and a responsible gun owner at the same time...
images

Cali made you a worse bastard? No Cali made you go full retard.

Since your 'responsible' and don't think you need to go through all the paper work to legally obtain a firearm in MA do your self a favor and stay out in Cali.

People like you are the reason I thought so bad of gun owners for a long time.. its not that you're "safe" or "responsible", its your attitude and demeanor to someone bringing in fresh ideas that I don't like. You flash your guns all over the internet too probably huh tough guy? I am for ethics and morals, something which you lack. I am italian, irish, outspoken and I dont give a damn. I ain't gonna make snide remarks, I tell you how I really feel fool. I try to be the balance between the gun banners and the pro gun people but thick airheads like you on the right think nothing of that do you? You think we're all liberty takers? I want liberty more than you in actuality.

People like you are the reason I thought so bad of gun owners for a long time.. its not that you're "safe" or "responsible", its your attitude and demeanor to someone bringing in fresh ideas that I don't like. You flash your guns all over the internet too probably huh tough guy? I am for ethics and morals, something which you lack. I am italian, irish, outspoken and I dont give a damn. I ain't gonna make snide remarks, I tell you how I really feel fool. I try to be the balance between the gun banners and the pro gun people but thick airheads like you on the right think nothing of that do you? You think we're all liberty takers? I want liberty more than you in actuality.

images

images

images

052bdfd69463.gif

Cali made you a worse bastard? No Cali made you go full retard.

Since your 'responsible' and don't think you need to go through all the paper work to legally obtain a firearm in MA do your self a favor and stay out in Cali.

I don't belong in Cali though.. my point is I traveled, lived other places in this country and know whats up. I wanted to actually move up to Oregon since I was going out west anyhow for a family situation and wanted to try that, but I am going to be back in the Bay State again. Yes you bet I am.

If this is how you welcome new people though, you are sad and your head needs examining big time. I am a voice of the future, I want to abandon oppressive ideas that go with an oppressive America, a country built on violence. I am for owning guns IF used for the right purposes such as living off the land.. See Vermont. In the city, urban farming is something I subscribe to as well. I kinda like the direction VT is going in having a bit of a leftist twist but still being a free enough state to have guns. If I get to move there though, it wont be until retirement. I know my shit more than you think.. I am confusing at times but theres a method to my madness. I admit my faults, I can be rude, I can be an ass and my experiences just made me not give a care.

IMO though since you think I belong in Cali, well Cali along with a lot of the west has a lot of passive aggressive people that drive carelessly and make me upset, much like I see you being here.. You might as well be here as far as I'm concerned and just be one more arrogant jerk who has an oversized truck too big for his own damn good. I drive a small used shitbox, I aint gonna prove crap to nobody! I drive well and criticize other peoples driving openly and I just don't care what anyone thinks. People look at me like I got 2 heads but so what. I am that type of dude. I am a fighter and if I believe some things need to be changed, I will say it!

Stay in California. I live in NH and I don;t even want you in a bordering state.

You're pretty much Diane Feinstein.

I am for gun control .......

...contemplated going illegally and saying **** the background checks? private sales? I plan to go that route.....

Either one of those statements could stand on it's own as the stupidest thing I've ever read on NES. Put together you officially win the prize for the bat-sh!ttiest craziest dumb ass ever to darkened the metaphorical doors of NES. I hope for your sake you were super high when you typed that mess.

Sometimes its the people who appear calm and balanced and then one day have enough and snap from bottling it all up. When I release my energy and scream at people and tell them off, it helps me out a good deal so I wouldn't be the type to commit mass murders. The people who commit them were never in a forum talking like I am, they were just day to day people who snapped often times. I rest assure you, I will not be Michael Douglas in Falling Down. If you think that way, its on you. I have spunk, charisma and I am a fighter. A true patriot who bashes the fake patriots. I don't subscribe to the right or left fully, libertarianism, 1st world or 3rd world.

I propose to you a new solution.. the 2nd world. A world of prosperity and peace, very little violence but guns for defense only incase a big bully ever wants to conquer the land. If I get angry, its in defense. I am not going to start shit with someone who is minding his business or initiate hate speech. Only if that person is a threat to the natural safety either through propaganda or through being a face to face threat. I am against the state of Israel also. Any others against Israel? This is a good conversation point.

You reply with a retard response.. typical. So typical of a right wing nut. You piss people off so bad they want to retaliate on you and then you need your guns because you provoke like a little pussy ass bitch then turn around and play victim like oh, he attacked me, i didn't do nothing no no ! Admit it thats how you are.

You reply with a retard response.. typical. So typical of a right wing nut. You piss people off so bad they want to retaliate on you and then you need your guns because you provoke like a little pussy ass bitch then turn around and play victim like oh, he attacked me, i didn't do nothing no no ! Admit it thats how you are.

Guilll-teee. You nail it dude. Better stay in Cali. Mass is nothing but right wing nuts like me.

Wrong answer dickwadcutter. You are incapable of discussion if you resort to these tactics.

Guilll-teee. You nail it dude. Better stay in Cali. Mass is nothing but right wing nuts like me.

Cali is more right than you realize. Any suburb of any major city sure seems it especially Northern past Sacramento. I came here for a family situation otherwise I wouldn't and I am coming back to Lowell area soon. I like a more cultural direction rather than conforming to an American generic ideal. Any place with strip malls galore, McDonalds everywhere depresses me (Cali) but wouldn't live in Roxbury either. This is why I propose the 2nd world. Some parts of MA does this kinda world pretty well actually. You aren't Lexington or Concord but you aren't Springfield or Roxbury either or a depressed backwater. Working class catholic areas to me are 2nd world and if there was more of that, it be better. I am pro life, but pro death to anyone who will not adjust their ways and keep the same cycle going over and over making it a horrible unlivable place to live in. I am a revolutionary. I seek true change and freedom.

I have moved around but plan to relocate to MA really soon and I must let it be known.. I am for gun control but at the same time I believe the paperwork should not be so extensive because I also have interest in owning guns like up to 3, but personally I don't see why I'd need one in MA.. Its more for something to do to live off the land or shoot with. Unless you live in the country it may serve no purpose but I want opinions.. Is it wise to get into guns living around Lowell? Even towns like Billerica? I know MA is real strict when it comes to this stuff.. have any contemplated going illegally and saying **** the background checks? private sales? I plan to go that route but since I am responsible and don't plan to create mass chaos, I believe people with my same intentions should be able to get a gun more easily but don't want the maniacs to have them at the same time. Thats where I stand.

OK...you believe in gun control, but want to skip all the paperwork to legally obtain a license because you believe there is too much paperwork? There really isn't a lot of paperwork involved? And your interested in firearms, but don't know why you would want one? Either go the legal route or skip the thought of owning firearms completely! I am a responsible person and would never put myself in a position of buying or illegally obtaining a firearm. This discussion isn't going to end well! [popcorn]

OK...you believe in gun control, but want to skip all the paperwork to legally obtain a license because you believe there is too much paperwork? There really isn't a lot of paperwork involved? And your interested in firearms, but don't know why you would want one? Either go the legal route or skip the thought of owning firearms completely! I am a responsible person and would never put myself in a position of buying or illegally obtaining a firearm. This discussion isn't going to end well! [popcorn]

Ok cool. finally someone who gave me a good answer. I guess I will just have to look around at some shops in the Lowell area because frankly even though it may be cheaper to go the "illegal" route initially, it may cost in the end. Just weighing it all out. Maybe it is an in and out procedure if I check out and I have no criminal history at all so..

I am also not against semi automatic rifles either as they aren't as concealable and those are something I'd leave at home much of the time. I am not interested in being the carry my concealable gun everywhere type like in Arizona. I just don't subscribe to that and if I told my dad, he'd think I have an agenda or something so I'd explain to him that I am interested in something that I can't take places and shoot in the public like a hunting rifle or whatever else. I am pretty simple, not a nut, won't ever be and thats what I mean by when I am for gun control too. I don't like when people feel they have to carry openly to show what they have like macho men. This population I feel is bringing the gun community downhill or those guys who date girls with size 0 waists and want them to act like hard chicks in front of them with guns or their trucks or whatever the hell else.. That is not my scene and if people like that are at gun shows and whatever else, I want nothing to do with it. I would not tell anyone what I'd have unless they got to know me. I am a pretty no nonsense guy in the scheme of things. A pissed off citizen because of everyone else around him not acting according to the laws of nature.

Ok cool. finally someone who gave me a good answer. I guess I will just have to look around at some shops in the Lowell area because frankly even though it may be cheaper to go the "illegal" route initially, it may cost in the end. Just weighing it all out. Maybe it is an in and out procedure if I check out and I have no criminal history at all so..

I am also not against semi automatic rifles either as they aren't as concealable and those are something I'd leave at home much of the time. I am not interested in being the carry my concealable gun everywhere type like in Arizona. I just don't subscribe to that and if I told my dad, he'd think I have an agenda or something so I'd explain to him that I am interested in something that I can't take places and shoot in the public like a hunting rifle or whatever else. I am pretty simple, not a nut, won't ever be and thats what I mean by when I am for gun control too. I don't like when people feel they have to carry openly to show what they have like macho men. This population I feel is bringing the gun community downhill or those guys who date girls with size 0 waists and want them to act like hard chicks in front of them with guns or their trucks or whatever the hell else.. That is not my scene and if people like that are at gun shows and whatever else, I want nothing to do with it. I would not tell anyone what I'd have unless they got to know me. I am a pretty no nonsense guy in the scheme of things. A pissed off citizen because of everyone else around him not acting according to the laws of nature.

Seems like I'm reading something written by James Joyce.

Seems like I'm reading something written by James Joyce.

Perhap I am your new leader and you don't realize it. I am also on a website doing commentary and may be a household name at the end of it all. If you get to know me longer that is. I am underrated, overlooked and am the best kept secret out there right now but will one day come to the surface and get more people behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom