Mountain Biking in MA

I do most of my riding in Monson at Conant Brook Dam. The trails range from easy to medium....there's nothing crazy. If you're into more challenging stuff, there are good trails at Walker Pond in Sturbridge/Spencer. If you want to come out here for a ride, let me know!

I grew up in Sturbridge. Didn't realize they had trails up by Walker Pond. I did see the new trails they made up on Leadmine Hill. If you go riding there, let me know and I'll join you!

I grew up in Sturbridge. Didn't realize they had trails up by Walker Pond. I did see the new trails they made up on Leadmine Hill. If you go riding there, let me know and I'll join you!

I'm not familiar with the Leadmine area. We'll have to get together for a ride and you'll have to show me.

STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thread wasn't about ware to ride . My concern was carrying while riding in the woods. I read somewere that you can not carry while riding a dirtbike, snowmobile or atv, but was wondering if that included mountain bikes, or if it was even this state they were talking about. But as I see some do it

This thread wasn't about ware to ride . My concern was carrying while riding in the woods. I read somewere that you can not carry while riding a dirtbike, snowmobile or atv, but was wondering if that included mountain bikes, or if it was even this state they were talking about. But as I see some do it

You got your answer, correct?

Maybe this should have been posted in the Law forum instead of the General forum. Then maybe it wouldn't have gone slightly off topic.

Last edited:
"Vietnam", right off rt.495 in Hopkinton (where the power lines cross) is a very nice place also. NEMBA has done alot of trail work there. Not a place for a casual ride though, it's mostly steep and technical. Wherever I ride (besides R.I.) a 642 is in the front pocket of my cargo shorts, quick access and protected from mud and most crash's.

Sotar Bicycles used to hold MTB races at Wells state park.

Don't sweat it Thedub88. I see you're pretty new to the forum, but overall most posts tend to go this way. Once a pretty clear answer is given to the OP, others will join in and have a conversation about aspects that are closely related. This is actually a good thing as you get to know people that have the same interest. Like I said above, it would be great if everyone on this post could agree on a date and a place to do a group ride. I'm pretty sure it would be a great time!

"Vietnam", right off rt.495 in Hopkinton (where the power lines cross) is a very nice place also. NEMBA has done alot of trail work there. Not a place for a casual ride though, it's mostly steep and technical.

A big +1 on this area being advanced. I lived in Milford very close to Vietnam. I went in once without knowing much about the place. I quickly realized I was out of my league. I was the only one not wearing body armour in there. After a rather nasty spill I limped my way out. I vowed to go back once I've had more time to work on my skills. Don't think I've reached that point yet though.

I've heard great things about Vietnam, havnt hit it yet but hope to this year. Most of my riding is in gilberts and parts of wrentham woods. I've tried Massasoit, blue hills, borderland, cranberry pond in Braintree, and a good amount or high tensions along the hockomock but always find my favorite ride and best diversity at gilberts.

You got your answer, correct?

Maybe this should have been posted in the Law forum instead of the General forum. Then maybe it wouldn't have gone slightly off topic.
Way to basically tell the guy to f*** off.[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom