• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Most inexpensive MA legal handgun?

So if used cars stink would she drive a new Yugo or [insert POS car here]?

Buying a well built piece of equipment is important.

The Ruger autos as suggested are a great start and so are their single action revolvers - the single six in 22lr/22WRM is a great choice too

The intended purpose was never quite revealed to me in reading all this so I'll guess it's mostly for putting holes in paper - cheaply.

22lr or as 45 Collector said - a pellet gun. Still fun and extremely cheap to feed.

After that I'd look at something in the .38 flavor but again cadillac taste hyundi budget

I understand financial constraints believe me but try to make her/them understand the implications of going "cheap" - a used S&W is probably better than a new [insert POS mfgr here].

Best of luck

Why doesn't he just explain it to his wife in terms that she will understand:

- Buying the cheapest new gun is like buying a brand new Pinto- it's dangerous as hell.
- Buying a lightly used S&W is like buying a Subaru demo car- it will perform well and last forever; but can be had for much cheaper than brand new.

I refuse to believe that she would want him to buy a new/cheap gun if she understood exactly what new/cheap meant on contrast to used/quality.

I'd get a Mosquito or a P22 myself. but I heard that the mosquito isn't MA OK for some reason. cause its 10+1 maybe?

unless you want super accurate then you go get a buckmark.

Last edited:
I'd get a Mosquito or a P22 myself. but I heard that the mosquito isn't MA OK for some reason. cause its 10+1 maybe?

The mosquito is (generally considered) MA compliant, every sig dealer in MA can sell you one.

-Mike

If he doesn''t have the stones to properly educate his wife about new vs used, he should go with a Walther P22 to get them both accustomed to semi-auto guns and allow them to build proficiency at a low cost.

As has been mentioned the Sigma is his best bet if she insists on new in a larger caliber. It sounds like his preference is for 9mm.

My suspicion is that if he goes with a Sigma, they'll like it allright, but with experience, will grow to regret not saving another $80 to $100 bucks and going for an M&P.

If money is such an object, buying additional guns down the road, may not be in the plan.

If he wants to get it right the first time in 9mm, go with one of the M&Ps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom