Mossberg 500 AHT

MAD Geary

NES Member
I stopped by a gun store today and was looking for an entry level trap shotgun and saw a Mossberg 500 AHT. Has anyone had any experience with these? What should I be looking at / for? (I'm new to shotguns) It was priced at $350 and came with three chokes.

Thanks

Your general trapezoids will tell you an over under is best. but......I use a mossy 500 with a fixed full choke and hit in the low 20s consistently......and that shotty cost me a whopping 150 bucks used from a friend of mine. I use it for hunting pheasant too....and it throws a slug straight and feel confidant enough to try it for deer this season. It is a swiss army knife of a shotgun. You should be fine with a mossy especially with 3 choke tubes.

Last edited:
You should be looking for fit. If it fits you good and you like it go for it. It'll shoot as good as you can. A pump isn't a handicap in trap like it can be in skeet/five stand/sporting clays but even then its certainly doable. The high rib will make it a good trap gun but at the expense of versatility that a normal vent rib barrel has.

Back
Top Bottom