• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mosin-Nagant Rifle at Rileys $269

HarryPottar

NES Member
Was out riding the bike in New Hampshire today and stopped off at Rileys and Shooters outpost as you do.

They had about 3 crates of Mosin-Nagant Rifle marked excellent quality for $269.

They look nice to me but I do not know what I'm looking at, I would have most likely just pick one up for fun if I was not on the bike.

Harry

Last edited:
269 for a mosin... Supply and demand hard at work. Unless there's any m44s, or any pre-soviet rifles, im good. Ive got a 91/30 an m38 and an m39 already in the collection.

I have no idea what I'm looking at. There was a group going nuts over the quality. They look clean and good to me but as I say I don't know what I'm looking at.

Harry

If you're interested in a mosin I'd grab one sooner rather than later. About 4 years ago they were pretty consistently 100-150$, and I definitely see them increasing over the next couple years. Ammo too. 440 cans were around 100, now as high as 200 I've seen. They're going to be like the sks - 75-100$ when they first started coming into the country, lots of those now are $500 or more. Really wish I was an adult back then!

Wisdom from above... ^

- - - Updated - - -

I have a samsung note 4 and it is useless in the sun, totally un-usable. I work from home so have little use for a mobile but I should look at changing it out.

We knew what you meant. [smile] Good catch and posting of it. ~Matt

Picked one up today. It is pretty sweet. All Hex receivers from Tula from the mid-20's.
I picked out a 1925 gem, and the only one in the top crate with brass in the stock.
They are in sealed plastic bags and covered in cosmoline with a bayonet, 2 ammo pouches and cleaning kit. No sling.

Also got a pound of Varget and 2400 which has been a bit difficult to find..............

I have one and love to shoot it , but I don't think I would go more than $175 for one now.
Part of the charm was the cheap ammo and that's dried up.

Was out riding the bike in New Hampshire today and stopped off at Rileys and Shooters outpost as you do.

They had about 3 crates of Mosin-Nagant Rifle marked excellent quality for $269.

They look nice to me but I do not know what I'm looking at, I would have most likely just pick one up for fun if I was not on the bike.

Harry

4 years ago they could be found for under $200. The price is going to go up. Not at all saying a mosin is an "investment" lol. Just that they will never be found at the price they were at 5-10 years ago. I have 3. They are great range fun and cool to collect.

If you can find a pre ww2 example those are nicer guns. The ones that were made in 41 to 44 generally look like hammered shit....but are safe to shoot and will generally hit an ok group at 100 yards.

Just buy one.......they are cool to have around for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I have one and love to shoot it , but I don't think I would go more than $175 for one now.
Part of the charm was the cheap ammo and that's dried up.

Problem in your statement......where are you going to find one for $175? That was the price 5 years ago lol.

In another 5 years we'll be saying "I remember when they could be stacked deep at $269 a piece." Prices on a lot of C+R stuff has been creeping up.

i'm stuck at 6...i simply can't justify paying todays prices for them when I'm pretty sure we'll get 'cheap'(er) mosins back at some point. my real woe is that everyone picked up on the K31's being incredible rifles...i could use another 3 or 5 of those before they doubled in price.

i DO have plans to reload for my x54r's so I can get off the corrosive ammo. i admittedly don't like stripping my guns every time I shoot them.

That's a good deal for a nice hex with accessories. Doubtful anyone can do better after shipping and transfer, plus you can check several and pick your favorite.

Oh, my bad - I was supposed to post "I got my M28 sniper last year for $0.79 which was a little high but it did come with 10,000 round of Bulgy silver tip..."

Seriously, what the hell is going on here- spouses looking over your shoulder as you post?

If ~10 years ago, I might believe it...

Last edited:
4 years ago they could be found for under $200. The price is going to go up. Not at all saying a mosin is an "investment" lol. Just that they will never be found at the price they were at 5-10 years ago. I have 3. They are great range fun and cool to collect.

If you can find a pre ww2 example those are nicer guns. The ones that were made in 41 to 44 generally look like hammered shit....but are safe to shoot and will generally hit an ok group at 100 yards.

Just buy one.......they are cool to have around for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem in your statement......where are you going to find one for $175? That was the price 5 years ago lol.

I've had mine less than 3 years.
I shopped around and hit a good buy.
I'd pay a little more than that now still if the cheap ammo was still available.
I have a few spam cans stashed away , but when that runs out , I don't think I'll hang on to the gun if the ammo creeps up to what factory 308 is going for.

Back
Top Bottom