• 22-25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 30+

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like about 240 so far; the most prevalent MilSurp here. Well, Martin08 completely breaks the
Curve on this poll.

T

Glad to see you back sir!
I'm down to two .....They will probably go on the block soon. Just not having the fun I used to have with them.
I will shoot it one more match this year if I get off my ass to load up some ammo.

Had three, down to one now- Finn M39. Would have sold that, but my neighbor said no more milk if I stopped shooting the flies off of his cows. That and if you hold it against your ear, you can hear crying in Russian. OK I kid about the M39, about the selling that is...

post-1898;
(1) 91/30 Sniper
(2) M44's
(5) 91/30's

A friend of mine helped me re-roof the back of my house with about 4 hours notice. When I asked him how much he said he wanted three Mosins. I really didn't want to give up any of mine so I told him I'd find him some locally. I didn't have a lot of luck finding three at a decent price. I wound up buying a crate last summer. The guy I bought then from wouldn't brake up the crate, I had a hard time braking up the crate myself. My friend got six and another friend got one. We did the transfers @ Bob's and I just told them to sell the rest of the crate.
Opening that crate for the first time, the smell of the cosmoline gave me one hell of a stinger.

Last edited:
I have a Tula Mosin Nagant 91-30 that must have been a sniper at one point as it won the NES Winter Shoot Competition with 10 shots at 100 yard score of 96-5x One damn fine rifle that beat out my Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903A3, No 4 Mk 2 Enfield and K98. Nobody was more surprised then me at this turn of events.

I'd like to add an M44 and an M39 someday, but that's way down the list.

My 91/30 was my first centerfire rifle so it has some nostalgia for me.
The joy of ordering up a headspace gauge from Okie Gauges (who appears to be back up after some downtime), using the tool to check firing pin protrusion, and familiarizing myself with the bolt were all fond memories. I can clearly remember my first shots with it, and the joy it brought me going from a .22 to a 7.62x54R!

A couple years ago I brought mine to a NES shoot with some old surplus ammo and wore the surplus ammo pouch filled with stripper clips and just had a good time.

Not really sure.

At least two of most kinds but no M44's

e7kdIAg.jpg

I'd like to add an M44 and an M39 someday, but that's way down the list.

My 91/30 was my first centerfire rifle so it has some nostalgia for me.
The joy of ordering up a headspace gauge from Okie Gauges (who appears to be back up after some downtime), using the tool to check firing pin protrusion, and familiarizing myself with the bolt were all fond memories. I can clearly remember my first shots with it, and the joy it brought me going from a .22 to a 7.62x54R!

A couple years ago I brought mine to a NES shoot with some old surplus ammo and wore the surplus ammo pouch filled with stripper clips and just had a good time.
You definitely want an m44 or m38 carbine. Best dollar to fun ratio of any gun in my safe are my 2 carbine mosins. They are f***ing LOUD! Anytime I take them to the range and there are others there I get spectators asking what the hell I'm shooting. My m38 is actually quite accurate too.

1968 "Sneak" M39.I will never sell it.Last rifle sold by Patt Burns.

When did you buy it? I got a mint Sako flame stock m39 off Patt Burns mid last year.

I love my m39, thing is a tack driver with an incredible trigger for a rifle of that era. I also have a m44 which is just a fun ass rifle. And lastly a Finnish captured m91, 2 sa marks 1 is crossed out. Finnish civil guard numbers also. Good history to it. No import marks.

When did you buy it? I got a mint Sako flame stock m39 off Patt Burns mid last year.

I love my m39, thing is a tack driver with an incredible trigger for a rifle of that era. I also have a m44 which is just a fun ass rifle. And lastly a Finnish captured m91, 2 sa marks 1 is crossed out. Finnish civil guard numbers also. Good history to it. No import marks.

This was, let's see, about 4 years ago? She had a few listed and I bit immediately.
With the risk of bragging about it, this rifle prooved to be more accurate than any Mauser, Enfield, or Swiss K rifle that I put it against.
Awesome wood, and plum colored receiver.

Back
Top Bottom