Mosin Nagant "Bullpup"

Okay, before all of the "traditionalists" get going about this, I have one stock Mosin and picked up a barreled action for $40.00 that works fine, just had no stock for it, so, I got in touch with Center Balanced Systems and ordered this kit for it!
http://www.cbrps.com/publishImages/Products~~element322.jpg
should get it in 3-5 weeks, so after I get it I will let you know how it is, but even if it doesn't work real well, it will still look cool! LOL![smile][rofl]

interesting if nothing else. When you get it all worked out, can you report back with details in setting up? Thanks for sharing.

interesting if nothing else. When you get it all worked out, can you report back with details in setting up? Thanks for sharing.

Oh yeah, definitely, I am as curious as anyone else as to how it will be, supposed to be an easy install so we will see, I will try and do a picture post of the step by step if I can!

Interesting. Seems to me the bullpup configuration wouldn't really translate too well to a bolt-action...........unless you're a lefty or have a left-handed bolt assembly. [thinking]

Interesting. Seems to me the bullpup configuration wouldn't really translate too well to a bolt-action...........unless you're a lefty or have a left-handed bolt assembly. [thinking]

Yet another reason I want to try it! LOL! there are likely 1000 reasons to try it, and another 1000 reasons to NOT try it out, so I figured I would play "guinea pig" and give it a try! ;)

that looks pretty cool, do you have a scope to put on it? I got at least a couple of mosins that are way accurate than my vision and I have been debating what to do with a possibility to get a scope on it. Most solutions just suck, but this may be a very good way to do it. Ditto on the bolt, but still.

hmmm, I'm just looking more and more at it.

they say the base price is $290, what are other goodies worth getting?

the "limbsaver" resonance thingie, looks like a plug. Is that some sort of lead in rubber thing, that just dampens vibrations. Are you getting it?

There is that cover over the bolt, I'm not sure why it is there, but somehow it seems like a good idea. I never get my face this close to the cartridge and the chamber, I wander if that's the reason that thing is there and not purely for cosmetic reasons.

This is definitely cool, very cool. How far west are you, beyond Worcester? I'd love to see this at a range. I'm sure that you'll get some looks. ; )

Lots of crazy bullpup designs out there including this one that appears to be a Mauser type:

Gex-dumez.jpg

Whether or not they work any better is up to the shooter. Myself I never saw the need for any.

Lots of crazy bullpup designs out there including this one that appears to be a Mauser type:

Gex-dumez.jpg

Whether or not they work any better is up to the shooter. Myself I never saw the need for any.

I think that's the best way to mount a scope that I have seen. Typical sniper model has low mag scope, anything bigger, I'm not sure how it would hold up. I have seen a bunch of other crazy designs too. I don't want to shoot it for miles, I'd love to actually see the damn target at 100y without serious eye strain.

Only if you rest it on top of your shoulder, and let go the instant you pull the trigger[wink] The bolt handle is farther forward than many other rifles, and lefties shoot them all the time.

Oh, bullpup...well, then yeah maybe...

Just an "update", I never did get the Mosin Bullpup kit I ordered from Center Balanced Systems!! As a matter of fact the last communication I got was an email from them on July 19th saying it would be 3-5 weeks, well it's been nearly 21 weeks now , no communication, no bullpup kit, nothing! Sent them an email letting them know that I felt that they were basically a "Fly-by-Night" JOKE of a company, and I hoped that they won't be doing this to anyone else, so in other words I told them to shove their kit where the sun don't shine! Hopefully nobody else gets lied to by these "clowns"!

Back
Top Bottom