• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

mosin M44 walking dead

whacko

NES Member
Yeah.....I'm addicted to the walking dead.....I'll admit it.

Anyhoo........watched season 5 episode two last night and Glenn is now sporting a M44 Carbine! Perfect post appocalyptic zombie gun if you asked me [rofl] that folding bayonet came in handy in last nights episode!

The website below is cool if you want to ID a fire arm used in a movie or TV show......I've pasted the search I used to verify what I saw last night.....

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead,_The_-_Season_5#Mosin_Nagant_M44_Carbine

I tuned in to an episode and first thing I saw was someone aiming with an AR15 flat top with flip up sights, flipped down. They really don't know care much about accuracy in presenting firearms do they?

I tuned in to an episode and first thing I saw was someone aiming with an AR15 flat top with flip up sights, flipped down. They really don't know care much about accuracy in presenting firearms do they?

You expect someone in hollywierd to know about guns? That's what their body guards are for.

Sent from the depths of Hell with TapaTalk V2

No its a pretty low budget production.....the story line is what has me hooked.....I've only watched season 4 and now this season. My teenage son is the one that noticed the M44 last night!

The wife and I were watching, and I was like " Oh wow, Glenn found a Mosin". The wife was unimpressed. These words mean nothing to her. She knows nothing of classics. Loves an AR, loves an AK. Mosin? What's that?

They really don't know care much about accuracy in presenting firearms do they?

Considering they never reload during shooting scenes. No.

Yeah they had one last season in a few spots, I always look at what guns they carry around. the first episode drove me NUTS, they were in the camp with the zombies and the people running the camp were all just shooting from the hip. But only head shots kill the zombies.... so why waste all that ammo on spray and pray? But then again every riffle used is automatic too.

The wife and I were watching, and I was like " Oh wow, Glenn found a Mosin". The wife was unimpressed. These words mean nothing to her. She knows nothing of classics. Loves an AR, loves an AK. Mosin? What's that?
Looks like Glenn acquired it from one of the "claimers" from the end of season 4. There was a scene in the last episode when a claimer woke up when some walkers got into their fence line.........actually shows him deploy the bayonet and use it on the walker. Those guys a got killed by ricks crew and now Glenn has the mosin........it has some continuity anyway. Have not seen anyone pull the trigger on that carbine though. Would LOVE to see that if they kept its true nature in tact! BOOOM! But I'm sure if they ever showed Glenn pull the trigger on it the thing would just be a "normal" bang with no fire balls......and it would be VERY disapointing.

Last edited:
Considering they never reload during shooting scenes. No.

Yeah they had one last season in a few spots, I always look at what guns they carry around. the first episode drove me NUTS, they were in the camp with the zombies and the people running the camp were all just shooting from the hip. But only head shots kill the zombies.... so why waste all that ammo on spray and pray? But then again every riffle used is automatic too.

Id also love to have that Colt Python Rick uses. All of you Walking dead nay sayers with regard to fire arm accuracy should keep in mind this is not strictly a made for TV series (where you would expect at least some accuracy in depiction of how weapons are operated)......it is based on a comic book series....its pure fantasy so anyting goes![smile] For instance do I think it is anywhere near factual that a sheriff deputy would have been hauling around a Colt Python in a drop rig old school leather holster in 2010 when this happend? Of course not.......BUT ITS COOL AS HELL!

Anyway I just thought it is somewhat cool that the survivors are using milsurp weapons.......like the M1Carbine that Tyreese has been using for awhile now too. Now a Mosin carbine! That is all!

I thought it was cool that Glen was carrying the M44 when he came out of the gun shop in the last episode, and then I thought it was stupid how he found three 'silencers' in a mini fridge. Does he have any idea what they will fit?

And Rick's been shooting the same AK mag for two episodes now, including several bursts of full auto.

You take the good with the bad.

I thought it was cool that Glen was carrying the M44 when he came out of the gun shop in the last episode, and then I thought it was stupid how he found three 'silencers' in a mini fridge. Does he have any idea what they will fit?

And Rick's been shooting the same AK mag for two episodes now, including several bursts of full auto.

You take the good with the bad.

Yeah I thought the same thing with the silencers......but Glenn's point in saying "when you are going through a shop that has already been rainded you gotta know where they good things are hidden"......or someting like that.

But.........woulda been funny if he came out and said "oh look I found three pre ban ar mags in a micro fridge" [rofl]

Last year when Rick killed the claimers he was holding a round butt smith and Wesson 1911 SC to one of their heads with the hammer down. Lots of firearms goofs but a great show.

Since they are mostly using their guns to buttstroke the zombies lately, the M44 is probably the best rifle they have. I don't see Glen's pockets bulging with 54r, so he probably won't be firing too many rounds out of it.

If I was up against zombies like the ones in walking dead (hearing oriented) I would mos def want a rifle with a bayonet. Heck, my T53 stock looks like it may have already bashed in a few zombie heads (and definitely several nails)

Why would they care? It's a show about zombies; don't take it too seriously.

anyone remember the Governor scoring a head shot with his AUG from like, 300 yards while aiming with the wrong eye then missing everyone else while on full auto?

9k=

Last year when Rick killed the claimers he was holding a round butt smith and Wesson 1911 SC to one of their heads with the hammer down. Lots of firearms goofs but a great show.

Again its low budget comic book fun! I think I saw Rick on season 5 opener cock the 1911 he was carrying......that always makes me cringe.......tell me mr rick......how'd you get that hammer down on a loaded chamber in the first place? Its still a good story and entertaining as hell!

I just love the fact that it's the most popular show on TV, and the characters use and carry firearms constantly. IIRC, there was an article last year that talked about how the show was actually having a positive effect on the 2A community. It's causing people to become interested in the shooting sports. Never underestimate the effect media has, and sometimes it's a good effect.

No its a pretty low budget production.....the story line is what has me hooked.....I've only watched season 4 and now this season. My teenage son is the one that noticed the M44 last night!

I don't think an estimated 2.8 million dollars per episode is low budget. The zombies look sick and the special affects look real. Some sloppy oversights , no sights on firearms and endless mags maybe. But that's hollywood.

Heck, my T53 stock looks like it may have already bashed in a few zombie heads (and definitely several nails)

Same here. When I got mine in the mail I tore that box open like Ralphie Parker on Christmas morning, took one look at the stock and the big rust spot on the bolt handle and thought "Well the bore's going to be a sewer pipe." It's not. It's freakin' mint. I love shooting that rifle. So much in fact that I sold my M91/30 because I only wanted to shoot the carbine after buying it.

Didn't one of the guys in the group that Daryl briefly joined have an M44 clone also?

Same here. When I got mine in the mail I tore that box open like Ralphie Parker on Christmas morning, took one look at the stock and the big rust spot on the bolt handle and thought "Well the bore's going to be a sewer pipe." It's not. It's freakin' mint. I love shooting that rifle. So much in fact that I sold my M91/30 because I only wanted to shoot the carbine after buying it.

Didn't one of the guys in the group that Daryl briefly joined have an M44 clone also?

Why.....in fact one of them did.......funny you should mention it.....when Rick bit the windpipe out of that groups leader and killed the rest of them Glenn "acquired" it.......it is the same rifle!

Back
Top Bottom