Miscellany:blue helping the gun owners get out the message on the Shell firing.

N.H. state Reps. Burt and Hoell: No guns, no gas

Mirroring the national split between Tea Party lawmakers and traditional Republican business allies, two Republican state Representatives are boycotting a Nashua business for enforcing an employee gun ban.

State Reps. John Burt (R-Goffstown) and JR Hoell (R-Dunbarton) won’t be filling up their cars at the Shell station anymore. They declared their intent to boycott gas stations owned by Nouria Energy following the company’s firing of an employee who brandished a gun when confronted by a knife-wielding robber.

Burt and Hoell signaled their support on The Boycott Shell Gas Stations in NH: No Guns, No Gas Facebook page. The page explains the Nouria boycott saying, “They have the right to set their own employee policies, but we have the right not to support them with our money — and we intend to exercise that right. … We will not shop anywhere that treats heroes like criminals.”

In a statement, Nouria explained their policy. “At Nouria Energy, our employees are our most cherished assets. Their safety and the safety of our customers is priority number one. It is with that goal in mind that we do not allow firearms in the workplace.”

"We do respect the constitutional right to bear arms," the statement continued. "However, we believe the best way to keep our employees and customers safe is to prohibit weapons in the workplace. Our training and policies are aligned with what is customary in the retail/conveniences store industries and is consistent with advice offered by security and police organizations."

Burt was not mollified. “When I drive my 1953 Farm All Super C tractor,” he wrote, “I stop at the Irvin station for gas next to the women’s naughty jail in Goffstown and I always open carry. Irvin never said not to. The Shell is just down the road. I should do the same there and see what they say.”

"The policy applies to employees," he was reminded.

http://miscellanyblue.com/post/64854774657

Please see my post of thanks to them for spreading the word of the boycott.
Rep. Hoell

Good, I hope they lose millions. It's only a matter of time before the anti groups start donating and supporting Shell

I took a walk, last night after work, so I could unwind. Like I always do, I strapped on my Sig P229 in it's SigTac roto holster so people around me know I mean business. After walking about 20 feet and feeling out-of-breath from the box of Newports I smoked, I had to get a drink. My favorite bar is just up the street, but it's cash only. Thinking fast, I hit the nearest ATM, owned by Cash Cow and as soon as I put my card in, the screen flashed "OUT OF SERVICE."

I was immediately suspicious, because paranoia goes with the territory, and I realized this ATM had a camera. Obviously, it's connected to the TSA, where some jackbooted government thugs were monitoring cash withdrawal habits of black guys n New Hampshire, and my gun lit up all the red flags. I could have gone to the ATM on the next block, but that would be admitting defeat, so I just went home.

I was pissed. I was completely ripsh*t about this, so I just had to go and do something. I signed onto change.org to start a petition boycotting the ATM company, but then I realized that change.org is full of liberal twats and filthy hippies boycotting GE for making racist white appliances and Paramount Films for not making enough movies about sad brown people living in squalor in some third-world jungle. While I was at it, I realized that Google was probably spying on me, so I have to add them to my boycott list. I couldn't handle it anymore, and I decided to take a shower. I was about to reach for my soap when I realized that it was Ivory brand, which is owned by Proctor & Gamble, parent company of Gillette. Like Gillette stadium, where the Patriots play. WHO JUST LOST TO THE F*CKING JETS. There's three more companies I need to boycott.

Sh*t, I thought. Now I'm on a roll! I thought back to a few weeks ago when I wanted to buy some ammo. I stopped in Bass Pro and they refused me service. Some crap about having to wear pants while in public. There's another one on the list. Then there was Jared, the Galleria of Jewelry. I was going to buy my wife some shiny expensive crap so she would put out again, but they have a big ass "NO F*CKING GUNS* sign on their store. BOYCOTT! But the sign was made of aluminum, so obviously the conspiracy runs deep. They even have Alcoa in on this sh*t, and 3M made the paint and fine reflective coatings on the sign. There's two more companies to add to my ever-growing list.

So, as I take a drag from my Newport, I'm thinking, who can I actually trust? Magpul still hasn't moved, Sig and Glock supply guns to jackbooted government thugs, Ford, Chevy and Dodge make trucks that are turned into SWAT tanks, Little, Brown and Company published Twilight, and RCA still hasn't dropped Miley Cyrus. What the actual f*ck. Every single company out there is trying to infringe on my first, second and probably my third amendment rights! F*ck this. I'm moving to Canada.

The women's naughty jail? I knew there was a jail there - drive by it all the time when I go up there to see friends. But I didn't know it was a "naughty" jail. Can I get a membership? Do they maybe have a video feed? Boy New Hampshire really is better than MA! They really ought to advertise this stuff better.

Good, I hope they lose millions. It's only a matter of time before the anti groups start donating and supporting Shell
I cut up my Shell gas credit card and returned it to corporate HQ, with a copy of the newspaper story about the poor working stiff getting fired for defending himself. A tersely worded letter indicated that I will never do business with Shell again. I hope many other NES members join me.

The women's naughty jail? I knew there was a jail there - drive by it all the time when I go up there to see friends. But I didn't know it was a "naughty" jail. Can I get a membership? Do they maybe have a video feed? Boy New Hampshire really is better than MA! They really ought to advertise this stuff better.

sounds like my kind of party, can you give me directions if i am coming north on 124?

"We do respect the constitutional right to bear arms," the statement continued. "However, we believe the best way to keep our employees and customers safe is to prohibit weapons in the workplace. Our training and policies are aligned with what is customary in the retail/conveniences store industries and is consistent with advice offered by security and police organizations."

typical bullshit bolded. they honestly just should have said nothing, but they are digging themselves deeper. will i go out of my way to not shop at shell? not really, there aren't any in my area. will i think twice about filling up at a shell station should i be near one? probably.

boycott strong, but even before this BS i preferred the local place to me where i can fill up, walk in, and buy a bunch of beer and wine and put scratch tickets on my GOD DAMN CREDIT CARD?! hell YES.

Yep, Hillsborough County Womens Correctional - hosted none other than Hot for Teacher, Pam Smart.

I cut up my Shell gas credit card and returned it to corporate HQ, with a copy of the newspaper story about the poor working stiff getting fired for defending himself. A tersely worded letter indicated that I will never do business with Shell again. I hope many other NES members join me.

You guys whining about Shell need to be careful. This is a Nouria Energy policy, not a national "Shell" policy. Nouria has stations under at least 3 brands. (They have Shells, Irvings, Gulfs, and potentially a bunch of unbranded stations) It's a corporation that runs gas stations. The branding is pretty much irrelevant/fungible at this point. I'm guessing they own all or nearly all of the Shells around here though, in this part of the country, but that doesn't mean they own them all. Gas station brands these days are just a placeholder.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Not all the Shells in New Hampshire are owned by Nouria. I saw a Link on another thread that showed what and where they owned.

Ding ding ding... winner winner, chicken dinner, someone gets it.

-Mike

Not all the Shells in New Hampshire are owned by Nouria. I saw a Link on another thread that showed what and where they owned.

You guys whining about Shell need to be careful. This is a Nouria Energy policy, not a national "Shell" policy. Nouria has stations under at least 3 brands. (They have Shells, Irvings, Gulfs, and potentially a bunch of unbranded stations) It's a corporation that runs gas stations. The branding is pretty much irrelevant/fungible at this point. I'm guessing they own all or nearly all of the Shells around here though, in this part of the country, but that doesn't mean they own them all. Gas station brands these days are just a placeholder.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

-Mike

And here is the link:

http://www.nouriaenergy.com/store-locator.html

Only two Irvings in Mass and NH are owned by Nouria.

Last edited:
sounds like my kind of party, can you give me directions if i am coming north on 124?

typical bullshit bolded. they honestly just should have said nothing, but they are digging themselves deeper. will i go out of my way to not shop at shell? not really, there aren't any in my area. will i think twice about filling up at a shell station should i be near one? probably.

boycott strong, but even before this BS i preferred the local place to me where i can fill up, walk in, and buy a bunch of beer and wine and put scratch tickets on my GOD DAMN CREDIT CARD?! hell YES.

When people say that they support the 2nd Amendment, BUT <I think that we should legislate the crap out of it and nobody should have guns unless you are LEO or military or some other BS statement>, I am not sure if they are trying to convince us or themselves that they truly do believe in the right to defend oneself. Either way, I ain't buyin' it.

Can't we just end this constant boycott everything bullsh*t? I say we boycott boycotting and get back to posting funny pictures and cat videos.

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

Can't we just end this constant boycott everything bullsh*t? I say we boycott boycotting and get back to posting funny pictures and cat videos.

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

Well, I'm boycotting your boycott boycott and going back to watching the Bruins and Red sox.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

-Mike
I decided to stick with Haffners. They are local and have good prices here in the Merrimack Valley. In fact, it turns out that a ex-neighbor worked for them. They are not huge, but they have a good rep and fair prices.

Back
Top Bottom