Miniseries about Waco on Paramount

I never got around to watching it. Who did they blame the fire on?

I recall the FBI (I think) recreating the FLIR video to see if officers were firing from the exterior during the final siege. Turned out they weren't. FLIR was picking up light flashes from trash in the area. I recall WANTING to find out the FBI/ATF were shooting the hell out of the place.

It was a S-show from word GO. Both sides. No question that the ATF bungled it, but Koresh was crazy besides.

They seemed to have blamed it on the destruction caused by the FBI slamming tanks into the building. They had a shot or two of people trying to put out fires caused by broken oil/kerosene lamps.

What wasn't made clear was that exposing CS gas to flames actually turns it into cyanide. If you didn't know that little fact before watching, you would have been completely confused as to why everyone was dying.

I recall the FBI (I think) recreating the FLIR video to see if officers were firing from the exterior during the final siege. Turned out they weren't. FLIR was picking up light flashes from trash in the area.
At 1:36:40 of the video I posted in this thread, Edward Allard, one of the men who designed and developed FLIR for the defense department explains in detail why FLIR wouldn't pick up light flashes from trash or any other shiny object. FLIR doesn't pick up light reflections, it picks up heat. He also does a pretty good job explaining why he believes there are several instances that show gun fire going into the compound, not out of it. Regardless of which government agency tried to recreate the FLIR video, why would you trust their conclusion? I'd say that's a conflict of interests at the very least.

At 1:36:40 of the video I posted in this thread, Edward Allard, one of the men who designed and developed FLIR for the defense department explains in detail why FLIR wouldn't pick up light flashes from trash or any other shiny object. FLIR doesn't pick up light reflections, it picks up heat. He also does a pretty good job explaining why he believes there are several instances that show gun fire going into the compound, not out of it. Regardless of which government agency tried to recreate the FLIR video, why would you trust their conclusion? I'd say that's a conflict of interests at the very least.
FLIR does a TON of contracting with the DOD. Just saying. I am sure that they wouldn’t want to upset the apple cart

Back
Top Bottom