Mini-14 Target

I was in gun shop a couple of days ago, and they had a Mini-14 with the "harmonic damper". How does this get around the "threaded barrel" proscription?

Does it have a pistol grip? If not, then one other "evil" feature is allowed...such as a threaded barrel. Or, maybe it was welded on?

I really should have looked it up and not been so lazy. What I remembered was that the threaded barrel clause was independent of the lazy feature count. What it actually says is:

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

So I guess the threading on the Target Mini has been ruled to be "not designed to accommodate a flash supressor."

If it didn't have a pistol grip, the flash suppressor thing doesn't apply. The CT AW definition starts off with, "Any semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting detachable magazines and and any TWO OR MORE of the following features..."

So, strike one is detachable magazines. You get one other "evil feature". Flash suppressor OR threaded barrel with flash suppressor can be one as long as there's no pistol grip. That's what gets the AKs and ARs.

It had the thumbhole stock. Logically speaking, that should be the same as a pistol grip, but we are talking about the AWB, so logic doesn't apply.

In that case, who knows. I hate this f***ed up state. [rolleyes] Can't wait to move back to Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom