milsurp shoot

guys...im a member of another forum based solely on milsurp rifles...im sure many of you are familiar with it...surplusrifle.com...anyways...alot of the members on there get together at least once a year to show off rare/new acquisitions and have a ton of fun shooting their old work horses...i see that theres alot of NES social events on here and figured i'd suggest maybe a milsurp shoot...not sure if its been suggested before but thought itd be a cool way to get to meet people and shoot all the milsurps i have yet to shoot...which is 90% of them

Hay-Blood, that sounds like a real good time! you are talking about a little
better warmer weather time right?? and where would we hold such an event?
we have a ten position 100Yd rifle range here in Bradford that i might be able to get on some Saterday or Sunday, per-OK of the Membership approvel!
and i think that somthing like this, would fly! we are only 3 miles off Rt495
easy to get to Etc: so lets see how this go,s sounds like a good idea!

Sheriff Dudley

definately some time when warmer weather comes...i was thinking more of a spring time thing...if spring ever arrives...its not always fun cooking off 7.62x39 all day in the hot summer sun...but i think we'd def need a range that had at least 100 yards if not more...we can really put the accuracy of our k-31s to the test!

Millie shoot

that sounds like a great idea "spring" and if you can keep the interest up
and we need a range, i do believe i can get the ok, as long as we have advance notice and there is nothing on for that date! so if you get working on this, let me know what month we will do it and i will consult the hy-power
range schedual and go from there!! how does that sound? B-Hound???hay
i used to be a P-Hound! (back in the day) S/D

well i belong to danvers fish and game...i can ask around there...my cousin belongs to major waldrons in NH...i love it there cuz they have a 500 yard range...im thinkin maybe early may???

Millie shoot

That sounds like a good time to do it !!Make sure you dont do it on the 6th
of may, thats a saterday and the last of the three Matches of the
Eastern Mass State Shoot, in fact a Sunday may be better for the guys
that do O.T. on Saterdays? i dont know i dont work! Also 500yds is great!
but it may intimidate some new shooters and that might keep them away,
we are talking FUN-SHOOT Right??

Take Care S/D

C-Pher, you can borrow some of mine, if I'm there. I've got plenty of them.

I definitely want to do this in NH or VT. I've got stuff that's not legal in Mass that I'd want to bring.

I definitely want to do this in NH or VT. I've got stuff that's not legal in Mass that I'd want to bring.

thats fine for me...id drive upto 2 hours away to shoot...at east in NH and VT we shoot things other than paper targets...its cool watching a 7.62x54r destroy milk jugs...and c-pher...i have about 25 milsurps...let me know what your interested in and ill bring it

Edit to fix quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in too i'll drive too.

Whats out lawed in mass that we can't shoot?

Is it legal to go thru mass with this stuff to shoot in vermont?

BigBill,

Illegal in MA w/o MA LTC (Resident or NR):

- Any handguns unless going to a competition or a exhibition/show.
- Any F/A unless you ALSO have a "green card" (MG License).
- Any NON-BAN hi-cap mags or NON-BAN AWBs.

Yes you can drive thru MA as long as you abide by FOPA law. Unlike NY/NJ, MA actually recognizes some Fed Laws.

Well, we're going to have an "Appleseed Project" shoot sometime before long in the Rutland, VT area. I'll be posting the details here. You can check out HERE for details on what it's about. You're all very much invited to attend. I'm thinking having a campout the same weekend, some where in the Rutland to Middlebury area. That will cut lodging costs for those attending.

Last edited:
Makes me wish I had a travel worthy vehicle that would make it up there. I'd hate to be broke down on the side of the highway with a dozen ammo cans and 30 or so rifles in wooden crates all stuffed in the bed of my S10.
One things for sure, someone better bring a 5 gallon jug of Windex for the corrossive clean up.[laugh]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Makes me wish I had a travel worthy vehicle that would make it up there. I'd hate to be broke down on the side of the highway with a dozen ammo cans and 30 or so rifles in wooden crates all stuffed in the bed of my S10.
One things for sure, someone better bring a 5 gallon jug of Windex for the corrossive clean up.[laugh]

Check post #15. You may have a volunteer to bring you. Oh, I'll have stuff to clean corrosive priming residue.

With me, it's more like 30 (really about 15 to 20) ammo cans, and a dozen rifles.

Serpy-shootie

Nickle i just went on that sight that you had in your post! i have to ASK
what do the initials of that sight stand for??? and the simple Machine,s
stuff??? and what does QD/AQTs practice,s??? for those appleseed shoots???
thats all greek to me! so if you please, would you educate me?
thanks Sheriff Dudley.

LenS said:
BigBill,

Illegal in MA w/o MA LTC (Resident or NR):

- Any handguns unless going to a competition or a exhibition/show.
- Any F/A unless you ALSO have a "green card" (MG License).
- Any NON-BAN hi-cap mags or NON-BAN AWBs.

Yes you can drive thru MA as long as you abide by FOPA law. Unlike NY/NJ, MA actually recognizes some Fed Laws.

Well i guess i can't shoot with you guys in MASS that sucks too i was looking forward to meeting people with the same interests.

I will make the Vermont shoot if there is one.

sheriff dudley said:
Nickle i just went on that sight that you had in your post! i have to ASK
what do the initials of that sight stand for??? and the simple Machine,s
stuff??? and what does QD/AQTs practice,s??? for those appleseed shoots???
thats all greek to me! so if you please, would you educate me?
thanks Sheriff Dudley.

RWVA - Revolutionary War Veterans Assocciation

AQT - Army Qualification Test
QD - Quick and Dirty

The AQT they refer to is the old 25 Meter Alternate Qualification Course for the M1 and M14. It's a good indicator of ability, and is easy to do. If you can shoot well on it, and can dope wind, you will probably do well at longer ranges. It's a good learning tool. 10 shots standing @ 100, 10 shots standing to sitting @ 200, 10 shots standing to prone, rapid fire @ 300, and 20 shots prone slow fire @ 400. The first 3 stages have mandatory mag changes/reloads. A good score (rifleman) is considered as 200 out of 250 points.

The Appleseed Project is intended to get gun people that aren't active off their butts and out shooting, and get them politically active. It's mostly shooting, and education on HOW to get politically active, and recruit folks to the cause. Besides, it will be a good get together.

The BIGGEST threat to our freedom isn't the politicians that want to restrict everything. It's actually the people in this country that call themselves citizens, but don't want to fight for their rights. They're giving their (and my) rights away by default.

If you read Shotgun News, make sure to read Fred's Columns (Fred's M14 Stocks). He's the big proponent for the RWVA, and his user name on RWVA is Fred.

RWVA Info

Hay thanks Nickle that was a great education, i had no idea what half those
terms were! must be ARMY i was AIR FORCE, anyway thanks! i bookmarked
that forum, some interesting threads to read !!

Take Care Sheriff Dudley.

Back
Top Bottom