military surplus & CZ handguns "calibers"

Do you collect them all or just a few in different calibers?

The 9mm luger 9x19, the 9mm mak 9x18, the 380acp 9x17, it gets a little confusing at times because some of these pistols look alike too. Then i look at the Makarov in 9mm mak and then the CZ82 in 9mm mak, samey/same. To me the CZ82 & CZ83 feel the same in the grip area as a CZ75 or CZ85 its just the barrel is longer. I guess the CZ75 compact must feel the same too as the smaller pistols but its a 9mm luger. With some of the used CZ's i'm seeing at very affordable prices there hard to pass up and there still in new condition too. Right now i'm leaning towards the CZ82 in 9mm mak while there available. Its tough sometimes to pick just one? When we deceide between two we always end up getting the other one sooner or later, I do anyway.

I been eyeing the lugers and P38's too but the prices are so much higher. The C&R P38 is so much higher than the new P1 ever notice that? Even the prices on the tokarevs are getting high too lately.

Last edited:
The Tokarevs are getting hard to find nation wide. I own two CZ-52's in 7.62x25, and a weirdo caliber 9x23 1912 Steyr. It's a top loader like the C-96.

We have the Star Pistols too in 9mm luger and in 9mm largo. I see a lot of chinese tokarev's here in both 9mm luger and in 7,62x25 tok. Most of them are around $150 to $200 while the average prices on the tokarev's seem to be between $300 to $800 depending on how rae the model is and if its import marked and has a safety lever too. I see a few Astra's in 9mm largo(9X23model 400) and the 9mm luger (model 600) but there not so cheap anymore as they once were. I try to get the affordable ones when i see them were i can shoot the cheap wolf ammo. The new spanish 9mm largo ammo(9x23) is offered right now for $4+ a box from that company in VT and fla.

I kind of sway from C&R rifles to C&R pistols time to time but i never intended of getting any C&R handguns in the beginning, I just never gave it much thought till now.

For you guys in Mass. who need a Mass. complaint pistol the new Auto-Ordnance Army WW2 copy 1911a1 is an excellent 45acp to get and its Mass. complaint too. Its my very first 1911a1 to function properly right out of the box in over 30 years of owning the higher priced ones. My hats off to the people to Auto-Ordnance for manufacturing such a fine pistol. Its a closer copy of the ww2 model than the brazilian made springer with the key switch.

Savage110FP said:
All C&R pistols are MA. compliant, that's an advantage of having a C&R.

Slight correction. [wink]

They are NOT MA Compliant, but they are EXEMPT if you hold a C&R FFL and are able to get them from out of state.

However, a MA Dealer can NOT sell one (unless otherwise exempt by rules we've gone over many times), so if you try to have a MA Dealer put it on consignment, s/he will not be able to sell it inside MA.

Thanks for the correction, but if you go to the Four Seasons Guns website they list Walther PP's and a P-38 in the used guns section, so they must be pre GCA of 98.

I remember the guy from "we are guns" dot com selling CZ-52's that he claimed were Mass compliant, but he didn't have a license to sell so that doesn't matter :)

IF the C&R guns were in MA on 10/21/98, any MA Dealer can sell them in-state.

Problem arises for those guns without that provenance and/or those where they were "imported" into MA by moving in with them or buying on a C&R FFL since 10/21/98. MA Dealers can't legally sell them in-state.

There are some dealers that bend/break the rules. Sometimes they will get away with it, and sometimes they will get caught and hammered for it.

Back
Top Bottom