"Military style grenade " REALLY ???

i saw this article online, i thought it was funny because they said Military style grenade, i thought is there a civilian style grenade that is available, i was not aware of ?? hahahaha

DENNIS - A hand grenade found inside an apartment off Upper County Road this morning during a police search turned out to be a dud, Dennis police said.

At about 5:45 a.m., Dennis police and the regional SWAT team executed a search warrant at a unit of the Harborside Arms Apartments on Upper County Road, where they found the explosive device sitting on a bedroom bureau, according to a police news release.

Investigators initially believed the military-style M-67 hand grenade was live and the state police bomb squad was called, according to the release. (Earlier versions of this story described the device as being live.)

Police removed the device and brought it to the Dennis Transfer Station for disposal but later determined it wasn't live, said Dennis police Capt. William Monahan.

The hand grenade was stuffed with BBs and paper wadding with no explosive material, according to a news release.

Police charged the tenant, Kathleen Caussey, 58, with possession of oxycodone and are still in the process of figuring out whether the grenade belonged to her or someone else.

Grenade found in Dennisport apartment wasn't live | CapeCodOnline.com

Who cares who it belonged too? If it was inert there is no crime here. surely the police have better things to expend resources on? Isn;t there a dog they can shoot or some law abiding citizen they can harass. Just leave this criminal who was in possession of a controlled substance alone already. the judge is just going to let them go anyway.

What's the big deal? Even if it was live you can visually see if the pin and safety are intact. Pick the damn thing up, put your thumb on the spoon and walk away. 5 minute call. It's like exploiting IED's overseas and waiting six hours for EOD.

i saw this article online, i thought it was funny because they said Military style grenade, i thought is there a civilian style grenade that is available, i was not aware of ?? hahahaha

Screen-Shot-2012-10-21-at-7.12.50-PM.png

Wanna have some fun? Toss an inert grenade in various public places, school, court houses, etc.

Make sure you have never handled the inert grenade with your bare hands and only use gloves. If you have, clean the prints off and then use gloves.

In a town that will remain un-named in northern NH, there is a military 5 ton for sale (if I had the cash, I'd buy it!)

The shift knob is an M-67 "grenade".

My old house in Texas sits directly atop what is apparently the only seam of bedrock in Northeast Texas. It runs directly west to Red River Army Depot and the former Lone Star Army Ammunition plant, where grenades and other goodies were manufactured.

It's 8-12 miles straight line to the different firing points, but I can't begin to tell you how many times the pictures were rattled off our walls.

funny that they choose to use the term 'dud' as opposed to 'dummy'. 'Dud' makes it sound like it was a live grenade that just didnt go off. Telling people that the police freaked out over a paper weight that happens to look like a grenade doesnt sell as many papers. I sort of wonder if the "bb's" where the ones that where always in the grenade or if they where actualy added in.

I wonder if it was airsoft. They sell grenade shaped pods that hold the airsoft bbs. Gor the record, I am not a fan of airsoft. Never could justify paying more for a plastic gun than the real thing. Plus I am, you know, straight.

funny that they choose to use the term 'dud' as opposed to 'dummy'. 'Dud' makes it sound like it was a live grenade that just didnt go off. Telling people that the police freaked out over a paper weight that happens to look like a grenade doesnt sell as many papers. I sort of wonder if the "bb's" where the ones that where always in the grenade or if they where actualy added in.

they are trying to save face

Wanna have some fun? Toss an inert grenade in various public places, school, court houses, etc.

Make sure you have never handled the inert grenade with your bare hands and only use gloves. If you have, clean the prints off and then use gloves.

Just leave in in the can, next to the cop's gun.

It won't make the news, because then everybody would be laughing their asses off at cops that don't know the difference between a dummy and a live grenade.

(If the photo from the website article is what they found, could tell immediately it was a dummy, because the body is cast metal. You can find these in just about
every surplus store across the country)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom