• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Military LEOSA

I have received my ARMY LEOSA Identification card. Anyone else have one? NEW to this NES forum trying to figure it all out. Seeing if anyone had any best practices.

I have received my ARMY LEOSA Identification card. Anyone else have one? NEW to this NES forum trying to figure it all out. Seeing if anyone had any best practices.

I'm jealous! However under the qualifications notes, I found this:

"NOTE 2: When carrying concealed the proof of firearms certification cannot be older than 12 months at all times."

Does this mean a yearly qualification, or is this a misinterpretation? Pain in the butt, if that's what's required, but worth it I suppose until we get constitutional carry.

Yes since I have the active credential if that's what you want to call it. I must carry my most recent qualification from the army on me. I do also have my class a unrestricted for mass so i can carry under that in mass. But otherwise I have to have that qual on me.

If you are active, you have to maintain qualification to agency standards, if any.........the once a year qualification applies to retired guys. Also, just because its in your Army policy doesn't meant its law.....its just their policy.

Back
Top Bottom