Military Finds Marine Remains in Tarawa

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

The Corps learned a lot of hard-won lessons at Tarawa.

This shot of Jameson is on me, Blake.

This story reminds me of my friend Blake.....

I had a good friend who was an EOD tech doing this type of work back in 2004. He was a warrior, and he wanted to join his fellow Marines in the fight in Iraq. He got his wish, and got orders there in early 2005. One day, after already disarming over 70 IED's he was called to disarm another roadside IED. Blake was a pro. Unfortunately, as he was walking up on this IED, it was remotely detonated and Blake was killed instantly. Blake served this country unselfishly for 18 years.

There is not a single job, specialty, or title that impresses me more to me than EOD Tech. Those people are warriors, true warriors.

RIP Blake, I miss you buddy.

http://www.bentprop.org/blake_pospisil/blake.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
POW MIA "It's not over until they all come home."

We all to often dub sports stars as heroes because they can hit a ball good in stressful situation. Bullshit. The real heroes are the men and woman who serve and die for this country.

I hope they can identify these warriors so these families can have some sort of closure no matter how long takes. God Bless boys. Semper Fi

Back
Top Bottom