might have turned the wife around

About 20 mins ago my wife called saying: theres 2 bears in our back yard. Normal for me cause im out in the woods a bit. For my wife not so much. She grew up in an so-so Anti family where guns are evil and only police should have them. So after about 5 mins of watching the bears play around they go on there way. She goes: " Im really glad you have guns, i think i need to learn how to shoot em" Sweet huh.

My wife used to look at me wierd when I carried when scouting deer behind the house..... Now with all the bear sightings in our town this spring, she's told me before I went out back the other day...."make sure you carry, because of all the bears"......LOL!!!

Bears

About 20 mins ago my wife called saying: theres 2 bears in our back yard. Normal for me cause im out in the woods a bit. For my wife not so much. She grew up in an so-so Anti family where guns are evil and only police should have them. So after about 5 mins of watching the bears play around they go on there way. She goes: " Im really glad you have guns, i think i need to learn how to shoot em" Sweet huh.
If you shoot them you will be in big do do. GF has one in her backyard in Westfield occasionally. Cops said to leave them be as long as they are not reeking havoc. They will leave when they can`t find any food.

If you shoot them you will be in big do do. GF has one in her backyard in Westfield occasionally. Cops said to leave them be as long as they are not reeking havoc. They will leave when they can`t find any food.

Im not looking to shoot them unless they are harming us, come bear season we are defintely having a nice rug.[wink]

She goes: " Im really glad you have guns, i think i need to learn how to shoot em" Sweet huh.

I don't know if I own anything that would even stop a bear. I suppose my 12 gauge over/under would, but I only have target loads for that. Other than that, its only 9 mm, 17 hmr and .223. I guess if you pump enough 223 into anything, it will eventually work...

I don't know if I own anything that would even stop a bear. I suppose my 12 gauge over/under would, but I only have target loads for that. Other than that, its only 9 mm, 17 hmr and .223. I guess if you pump enough 223 into anything, it will eventually work...
I'm thinking 6 rounds out of my Redhawk (.44 Magnum) would make Boo-boo lie down and be a rug...

Last edited:

That has happened to me on several occasions (not the bear incident).
An anti will utter something like "do you have your gun with you?

They conveniently forget they ever made the comment, and once they feel "safe" again they will go back to their normal way of thinking.

Someone wrote something awhile ago regarding wives, significant other's etc.
Some people are not designed to, nor should be worried about preparedness. People play different roles in relationships and that may not be for your wife.

Back
Top Bottom