Micro-Stamping and GOAL A Rating

How is it that a State Rep who sponsors a Microstamping bill can still get an 'A' rating from GOAL

Micheal Rush, who may run for State Senate, sponsored H2247 but still is rated 'A' by GOAL. Maybe we need to rethink how these grades are handed out.

Wow, I hope someone from GOAL will weigh in on this.
I wonder if the rating is possible because he is a strong supporter in other issues?
I know it's probably not likely if he's in favor of micro-stamping, but that's all I can think of

Anyone who supports microstamping is either a moron, ignorant, or both. A five minute conversation will show you the technology is useless and potentially criminal (creating the ability to throw someone's brass in a crime scene).

That's something that's always bothered me... when the grades are published there are usually very few details about how they arrived at that grade.

GOAL's ratings are based on how candidates respond to the questionaire they are sent and their voting history. Also, they are not updated in real time, so expect the next time they are updated for his rating to slip.

Add these to the list of bills sponsored by the 'A' rated representative:
H4059 An Act relative to possession of armor-piercing ammunition in the city of Boston
H1703 An Act Relative to Illegal Firearms

His rating will change at the next election, GOAL rates legislators on their voting record and it changes if they do. Scott Brown voted pro 2A consistently which is how he earned his A+ rating.

Remember there is a bunch of legislators and they vote/propose bills constantly, much faster than GOAL can change rating for all of them.

Back
Top Bottom