• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MG ownership hurdles in NH?

Caveman

NES Member
Good Evening, I am wondering what the rules are on MG ownership/purchasing in NH. I have cans and SBR’s but have thought about crossing the river and saving to get a MG or two. one being in m16 platform the other mayyyybe a mp5. but wanted to research what’s needed prior. any links or knowledge bases would be most appreciated.

The only hurdle is my bank account.

NH does not assimilate any federal firearms laws. Not even the definition of different kinds of firearms. If the NFA and GCA were repealed, there is no NH analog that would stand in the way of mail-ordering all the MGs and silencers and DDs your budget can handle.

If you’ve already gone through the process for suppressors and SBR’s then this is the exact same thing.

The real hurdle is can you afford a MG and the ammo to shoot it? If the answer is yes, are you looking to adopt and adult child who loves guns?

It amazes me how people from repressive states just automatically assume that states like NH also have 'restrictions' on things. Just like the tons of threads asking about concealed carry when crossing form MA to NH (or other Con. carry states).

As already stated, the only 'limitations' placed in NH are by your budget. If you can afford it, you can own it (fed. rules only apply).

A stupid amount post 1986... The prices are NOT going down either. No matter how many rounds are run through them.

You’re not wrong. That said you can still buy quite a few machine guns in the 6k to 10k price range.

They are actually off peak a little right now, not down by any means but off the crazy 2019 and 2020 peaks. There are lots of old timers sitting on massive collections that have been sold lately, maybe that contributing. A lot of the tranny MG stock is sitting in the hands of some very old dudes, prices could get marginally better possibly as they sell off.

Back
Top Bottom