MFS instructors of choice

daveyburt

NES Member
I'm interested in having some private instruction at MFS. -Being a training professional in the high-tech business, I know that instructor quality can make or break a learning experience. So, I ask...

Is there a particular instructor, or instructors that you could suggest, whom I could request to do my training session?
-PM would probably be the best way to respond....

Thanks!
-Dave

Last edited:
You might want to add a bit of detail as to what you are looking for and your current knowledge.

Do you already know the material but need a course to get certified, or do you need to learn something?

Do you want a reasonably extensive course, or do you want one that will be completed in the minimum amount of time?

How important is price?

What is your general location and what radius are you searching within - or are you looking for someone to come to your home?

For the "intro class", the quality of instruction on the law is as important as the gun material. Gun safety is pretty straightforward (3 rules if you use the NRA doctrine; 4 if thou art a Cooperite) and unless you get bad instruction, you'll get all of them. The coverage of law at the state and federal level, as well as some practical realities as to how it is applied, as well as instructions regarding what to consider when filling our your LTC application, can vary considerably between instructors.

Thanks Rob!

I'm all licensed and have attended both the Town PD required safety course, and a safety/law course put on by Jim? (WayneWong here on NES) and LenS down at AFS - the AFS class was good!

What I'm looking for now is handgun firing technique. -Stances, holds, trigger control, etc.. -The things I'll need to know to develop accuracy/consistency/skills kinda stuff. -Basically live fire with someone looking over my shoulder, watching how I do things, correcting any issues before the become bad habits and making suggestions to help me improve.

I've got an email out to the MFS Info address in the same regard. I'm in the central MA area but don't have a problem with driving a bit for the right training session.

Training for an hour or two would probably suffice to start with more sessions in the future. I'd provide my own firearm and ammo.

As far as cost, I'm fair with folks that are fair with me. -I'm not a cheapo but throwing money away doesn't excite me.
:)

Thanks!
-dave

Dave,

If you want to train on the simulator, MFS is the place to go.

If you want live-fire class & drills, I highly recommend Jim Conway and NEShooters.com

I should have added . . .

"The Art of Concealed Carry" run by GOAL.

Great class on that topic. No shooting involved but some roll-playing and some very serious "food for thought". Short money for a real good class. Check it out on goal.org website. I brought it to one of my gun clubs a few years ago, so that's an option if going to Northboro isn't convenient.

Davey,

You will find everything you want and much more in our Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting training DVD. Not a substitute for hands on training, but it will give you a great leg up before your classes and will be a great tool to reinforce the lessons after your classes.

www.armedresponsetraining.com

Last edited:
Thanks again Len and thanks David!

I'm pursuing the NEShooters option for their defensive handgun 100 class at the moment. I'm also reading Massad Ayoob's concealed carry book. The book may be a good primer for the GOAL class...

David, I saw your DVD in Uxbridge last week, I'll have to swing back in...

Thanks!!
-d

Back
Top Bottom