Mexican Drug Cartels Armed to the Hilt

9k, does this stuff make your local news all the time, or is it completely swept under the rug?

Some gets out but like you said its so commonplace here its not really big news, alot of it is swept under the rug and handled "internally". I mean drive throughs and shootings get out. But the mexican army invasions I think are handled a little differently

After reading articles like this and the recent one about that firearms ring in Georgia I really wish the government would start actually prosecuting these folks who are doing the straw purchases for these criminals. It doesn't seem like that happens. Granted the organizations will probably go find other people but at least they wouldn't be able to use the same people over and over.

Bingo!

The laws are already there, they're making the arrests and then their either getting pled down or as Eddie points out kicked early because of overcrowding.

Yup. You're right. When prohibition (of alcohol) was repealed, the gangs either had to find another way to make money, or cease to exist on such a large scale. So they turned to the only remaining banned consumable with large market potential: Drugs.

Can you name one Prohibition-era alcohol gang that turned into a drug gang? Or one that drastically decreased it's numbers post-Prohibition?

Some gets out but like you said its so commonplace here its not really big news, alot of it is swept under the rug and handled "internally". I mean drive throughs and shootings get out. But the mexican army invasions I think are handled a little differently

Invasions? Plural? WTF!?!?!?! Can we like spray paint a line in the sand for them or something?

Can you name one Prohibition-era alcohol gang that turned into a drug gang? Or one that drastically decreased it's numbers post-Prohibition?

Your missing the point, it does not matter if Al Capone himself started selling drugs are not, the point is drugs have not only replaced alcohol on the black market but they have surpassed it greatly. Whether it is the same people peddling them or new people who have taken their place does not matter.

If you look at it there is really not that many vises (alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gambling, prostitution), if drugs were to be legalized were do you guys who disagree with it think these crooks are going to go?

Let them keep calling it a gunshow loophole. If they try to pass a law that says one can't sell a gun at a gun show then they got what they said they wanted and just about no-one is harmed. Their focus on gun shows has got to be the dumbest strategy I have seen in a long time. They have deviated from their real goal (banning private sales) to some side show.
I don't think there's been any deviation from the underlying agenda. The term "gun show loophole" is for public consumption (ex. "assault weapon"). IMNSHO any "gun show loophole" legislation is highly likely to, either deliberately or inadvertently, define "gun shows" so as to affect private sales regardless of their location. Here's a case in point: Gun Show Registration Legislation.

Can you name one Prohibition-era anything gang that still exists and does not traffic in illegal drugs?

Back
Top Bottom