• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Methuen Man Charged with Straw Purchase of Glock Firearms

Dumb joke is dumb, but it's pretty obvious there's some component that is missing from the ATFs report here.

The "nut" of the whole thing is likely in the indictment itself...

-Mike

and if he lived 4 miles north, in Salem NH, he could buy all the Glocks he wanted..... on the right side of the border.

He can buy all the Glocks he wants, without having to misrepresent himself to a dealer.

They also used the term "straw" here, which makes it sound like there are other elements being left out of the narrative that create a straw scenario.

-Mike

more importantly, which dealer ratted him out.

There is a distinct possibility they pulled an NSF here, a little quid pro quo rubbey bums with the ATF to avoid one of them getting whacked for a violation... Or it could have been simply something frisky on an audit that showed up.... ever since the Obama Admin, ATF has been auditing dealers on a seemingly more regular basis, or so I've been told. Dealer doesn't have to rat when agents come in and can examine your paperwork (and copy shit from it) virtually anytime they want.

-Mike

He can buy all the Glocks he wants, without having to misrepresent himself to a dealer.

They also used the term "straw" here, which makes it sound like there are other elements being left out of the narrative that create a straw scenario.

-Mike

Like an idiot, he transferred it to his girlfriend 3 weeks later after misrepresenting himself as a cop and stating it was not for resale.

Note to self: do not transfer ANY Glocks in MA. You are being watched, and that is all.

I disagree, I think this guy likely did some VERY stupid shit that invited attention to himself, that wouldn't apply to most people.... that's why I want to see inside the indictment. I'm too lazy to fight my way into PACER or whatever at the moment, though... maybe in a n hour or two when i'm smoking a cigar and having a friday adult beverage....

Surely there are better ways to get a Glock without all the rigormurral this poor fool went through.

Surely there are better ways to get a Glock without all the rigormurral this poor fool went through.

Or if the thing is right, for his girlfriend to get one, for that matter.

I have a hard time believing that this is all from "he did this so he could get his girlfriend a cheap glock" there's a lot more going on there thats not in the press release...

-Mike

Like an idiot, he transferred it to his girlfriend 3 weeks later after misrepresenting himself as a cop and stating it was not for resale.

This isn't what got him in trouble, he can do whatever he pleases when it comes to sale.

This is what got him in trouble:

"Watson further stated that he knew his girlfriend, a civilian, could not purchase a Glock Model 26 herself and that he purchased the firearm for her."

That right there is a straw purchase if she paid him for the firearm, if it was a gift its a gift. I think this guy would best serve himself by lawyering up.

This isn't what got him in trouble, he can do whatever he pleases when it comes to sale.

"Watson further stated that he knew his girlfriend, a civilian, could not purchase a Glock Model 26 herself and that he purchased the firearm for her."

That right there is a straw purchase.

Yes.... the crux of how this was admitted and how they started investigating him are the "fun" parts.

This dumbass might have just talked himself right into an indictment.

-Mike

That right there is a straw purchase if she paid him for the firearm, if it was a gift its a gift. I think this guy would best serve himself by lawyering up.

yes agreed - that's why it was stupid to transfer it to her 3 weeks after he bought it.

I disagree, I think this guy likely did some VERY stupid shit that invited attention to himself, that wouldn't apply to most people.... that's why I want to see inside the indictment. I'm too lazy to fight my way into PACER or whatever at the moment, though... maybe in a n hour or two when i'm smoking a cigar and having a friday adult beverage....

Please share what you find. That previous post was kind of tongue in cheek. I actually have done a personal Glock transfer within the past year and I have not come under this microscope.

What is up with these campus police dispatchers. First the road rage guy brandishing on the expressway, now this one.

I actually have done a personal Glock transfer within the past year and I have not come under this microscope.

How do you know that you haven’t come under a microscope? Pretty simple for DCJIS to look at each Glock transfer and see when it was purchased. If too recently, drop a dime to ATF.

I suspect you bought yours more than three weeks before you sold it.

How do you know that you haven’t come under a microscope? Pretty simple for DCJIS to look at each Glock transfer and see when it was purchased. If too recently, drop a dime to ATF.

I suspect you bought yours more than three weeks before you sold it.

I am guessing of course about the microscope - but I have heard nothing from anyone within the past year where they may have wanted more detail than required by the current law and where they may have wanted to slap my hand - well because Glock.
Oh, and in addition to that - not misrepresenting myself as an officer of the law - that's always helpful - and the buyer was a MA resident who was definitely not any known associate or my girlfriend.

Wonder if the girlfriend was a PP, or just couldn't purchase a Glock because of AG dealer regs.

Took the words right out of my mouth, what a dope. If the ATF comes knocking asking about a gun you purchased, the first word out of you mouth should be “lawyer”

My mom spells it Rigamaroll. Haven’t heard that one in a while. Lol

Exactly. Otherwise, what does the ATF care about a non-MA compliant gun?

Back
Top Bottom