• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Methuen Man Charged with Straw Purchase of Glock Firearms

Can’t you buy a used Glock from any local shop? If he’s going to be that stupid, then he deserved it. It’s people like this that make the rest of that follow the rules take it in the rear more and more.

Yes.... the crux of how this was admitted and how they started investigating him are the "fun" parts.

This dumbass might have just talked himself right into an indictment.

-Mike
So f***ing stupid. Amazing how dumb people can be. I realize the gun laws in MA are beyond stupid as well but it seems like this kid is missing something upstairs....

Can’t you buy a used Glock from any local shop? If he’s going to be that stupid, then he deserved it. It’s people like this that make the rest of that follow the rules take it in the rear more and more.
If it was manufactured before 1998, according to the AG.

Even if I had made a straw purchase (which I never have) I'd say....

I bought it for my own use. I shot it, and I hated it/didn't fit my hand/didn't like the trigger/sights sucked/couldn't hit anything with it...

WHATEVER....and I sold it.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Then, STFU. Stop. Talking.

Done.

Yes, they can otherwise FS and other shops couldn't sell them. The firearm had to be manufactured and/or in the state as of Oct. 21, 1998, when the new MA gun control act was enacted.

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification. I know I’m not LEO and didn’t claim to be when I bought my G19.

Loose lips sink ships and this college popo(not quite) was way too conspicuous.

Did you see the video on the ATF Tracing Center? It’s a wonder they find anything with tired eyes staring at blurred microfiche.

That being said it’s best to not be conspicuous and stay out of trouble. Behind enemy lines you must keep your head low. There’s enough wisdom coming from this forum to put your thinking cap on before you make a move.

imagine-if-you-will.jpg

If everyone on NES filed & flooded the EFA10 portal every day for a glock they all ready owned [devil]

This isn't what got him in trouble, he can do whatever he pleases when it comes to sale.

This is what got him in trouble:

"Watson further stated that he knew his girlfriend, a civilian, could not purchase a Glock Model 26 herself and that he purchased the firearm for her."

That right there is a straw purchase if she paid him for the firearm, if it was a gift its a gift. I think this guy would best serve himself by lawyering up.
Who pays for it or whether it’s a gift does not matter. He acquired the firearm on behalf of another person.

Who pays for it or whether it’s a gift does not matter. He acquired the firearm on behalf of another person.

Matter of semantics:

"I bought it for my wife" [for her birthday].

"I bought it for my wife" [because she doesnt have a ltc]

And

"I bought it for my wife" [because she couldn't get the transfer]

Are all different legally speaking. Option A is a gift and is clearly covered as an exception on the 4473. Option 2 is a straw purchase, and option 3 is a violation of CMR 500 section 7.

Who paid for the gun and whether it was a gift are literally the questions that need to be asked and resolved for a straw purchase violation. Straws look at whether the other person is prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.

Drix said:
Who paid for the gun and whether it was a gift are literally the questions that need to be asked and resolved for a straw purchase violation. Straws look at whether the other person is prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.

They look at a hell of a lot more than that. You can be not prohibited in any sense, and STILL get whacked on a straw. If the money flows in the wrong direction you can get whacked
on a straw.

EG- Bob and Jim are both non-prohibited persons. Bob is out at a dealer somewhere and sees a gun that he know Jim really wants. Bob buys this gun with the intent of selling it to Jim. Bob has just committed a felony. Bob cannot be indemnified from the offense even if he washes the gun through another dealer before it gets sold to Jim. Now, if they can both keep their
f***ing mouths shut, then nobody ever knows who intended what, etc, and the sleeping dogs lie. If something or someone goes full retard, then they could both be on the hook for
felonies... just for "attempting to buy a gun the wrong way".

It's literally that f***ed, look up "Abramski" supreme court case poor decision...

-Mike

My mom spells it Rigamaroll. Haven’t heard that one in a while. Lol

Exactly. Otherwise, what does the ATF care about a non-MA compliant gun?
What defines a "police officer" in this state? If I get sworn in as a "Special Police Officer" in Boston and work for a security company, am I LEO for the purchase of a new Glock from a MA FFL? What if I was a Constable, would that qualify? Or do you need to be a state or local municipal LEO? This state and its laws are confusing!

They look at a hell of a lot more than that. You can be not prohibited in any sense, and STILL get whacked on a straw. If the money flows in the wrong direction you can get whacked
on a straw.

EG- Bob and Jim are both non-prohibited persons. Bob is out at a dealer somewhere and sees a gun that he know Jim really wants. Bob buys this gun with the intent of selling it to Jim. Bob has just committed a felony. Bob cannot be indemnified from the offense even if he washes the gun through another dealer before it gets sold to Jim. Now, if they can both keep their
f***ing mouths shut, then nobody ever knows who intended what, etc, and the sleeping dogs lie. If something or someone goes full retard, then they could both be on the hook for
felonies... just for "attempting to buy a gun the wrong way".

It's literally that f***ed, look up "Abramski" supreme court case poor decision...

-Mike
This is all truth. Gotta say the right things. Bob bought the gun shot it once and hated it so Jim was nice enough to take it off his hands for what Bob paid for it. Now.....no felony. It's so stupid.

Matter of semantics:

"I bought it for my wife" [for her birthday].

"I bought it for my wife" [because she doesnt have a ltc]

And

"I bought it for my wife" [because she couldn't get the transfer]

Are all different legally speaking. Option A is a gift and is clearly covered as an exception on the 4473. Option 2 is a straw purchase, and option 3 is a violation of CMR 500 section 7.

Who paid for the gun and whether it was a gift are literally the questions that need to be asked and resolved for a straw purchase violation. Straws look at whether the other person is prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.[/QUOTE]

They go way beyond if the final possessor is a pop.

Back
Top Bottom