Metallic Silhouette : Special offer to NEW Shooters!

Metallic Silhouette : Special offer to NEW Shooters!

For anyone who has ever considered trying Metallic Silhouette: Have I got a deal for you?

For the next four Fall matches, if your a new shooter, I will pay for you first entry fee!

And for the first three shooters I have Ammo that has been donated. (.22lr 40rnds each, for a 40 round match.)
So all you need to do is show up with a.22lr Rifle.

Each match will have categories for iron sights or scoped rifle. All are welcome.

New shooters will get an experienced Silhouette shooter to help them out and coach / spot for them.

There are four more matches left this season in New Hampshire:

Sept. 6 Purgatory Falls Fish and game Mont Vernon N.H
Sept. 27 Pioneer Sportsmen Dunbarton N.H.

October 4 Purgatory
October 18 Pioneer

Here is a video with a brief look at Metallic Silhouette (New Hampshire Style)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84loNIWugCY

Butt, Butt.... I don't live in N.H.
So what, It's worth it. We regularly have participants from Southeastern Mass (me), Fall river Ma, Rode Island, and Connecticut.

So come on over and give it a try!

Well, this seems to have generated interest. Lots of question via p.m. and emails.

Please don't get bogged down by all the following information. The basics you need are a .22lr rifle some ammo and to SHOW UP!

What follows is info to answer multiple questions, all at the same time.

Let's get an overview of Silhouette as you will see it in N.H.
(With out getting too in-depth in the esoteric minutia that can be Silhouette. )

NRA standards and rules are what we use.

All shooting is Off Hand.
Standing, no slings, no special clothing or gloves ect. Basic loose fit shooting vest are o.k.(i.e. shotgun style)

Range distances: Standard NRA /International Rules (in meters) Chicken 40, Pig 60, Turkey 77, Rams 100

Course of fire: 40 Animal targets 40 Rounds. Take your Time! If you miss one just move on.

Time: 2 minutes with a 30 second readytime. (2:30 small targets)

You will be shooting next to other competitors. Multiple classes shoot simultaneously. You don't have to show up at a certain time. BUT early is the only option if you want to practice. Typical practice time is 8:30-9:00am for a 9AMstart time.

You will see larger (half scale) targets and smaller (1/5) targets. Don't worry we will help you getto the right place.

IMG_1527_edited.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What categories of Silhouette: Smallbore Hunter and Standard rifle (1/5 targets)
½ Targets heavy and light for Smallbore Cowboy, small bore pistol , Hunter Pistol, Pistol Cartridge Cowboy, Club Rifle, Small bore Iron Sights.

Do I need a spotter? No. There will be plenty of people to help if you need it. Many in N.H don't use spotters.

Hope this helps. …..now go practice!

Some info here:

http://www.pioneersportsmen.org/disciplines/metallic-silhouette

Last edited:
New England Silhouette Update 9/3/15

Next Match: Sept 6, Purgatory Falls Fish and Game. Mont Vernon, N.H.

Due to generous donations of .22lr ammo I have enough for the FIRST THREE new shooters to try a match.
So you would pay $0.00 to enter ( I payfor that) and use donated ammo. …. gas is cheaper this weekend ,what the heck are you waiting for?

A HUGE thank you to everyone at the last match who decided to help out and help stuff the prize bucket for this weekend.

Come on down... or up? Join the fun. Yes Silhouette is hard but, as the saying goes.... if it were easy they would call it Golf.

oohh ooohhh here's an Idea! Bring your kid.... let them use the donated ammo free entry!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom