Mechanical wristwatch for shooting

Talk about my dream watch. That or the Sinn U1.

One day......... [grin]

[smile]

SinnUXGSG-9.jpg

sinngsg9.jpg

I don't know anything about that watch,but it looks badass...Being as everything that catches my eye is usually out of my price range,I'm sure that watch is no exception.

Proprietary U-boat steel

Waterproof to 12,000 meters

Watch case completely filled with teflon oil

7 year battery life

Thermally compensated quartz movement

Currently running at +.05 seconds between daylight savings adjustments.

I wear it all the time and it still looks brand new.

[wink]

Love the Breitling's... I've considered getting a pre-owned model through Tourneau...
The only thing about them (which is true for a bunch of other brands as well) is that a lot of the models are just plain big.

I was going to get the navitimer, their classic, but I am not a big guy and having a watch with a 45 or 46 mm case looks simply ridiculous.

The model I ended up with fit me better (and was quite a bit cheaper too, even though that was not a concern)

The only thing about them (which is true for a bunch of other brands as well) is that a lot of the models are just plain big.

I was going to get the navitimer, their classic, but I am not a big guy and having a watch with a 45 or 46 mm case looks simply ridiculous.
That's actually what attracts me the most about the higher end watches. Right now I wear a Citizen Calibre 2100. It has a 46 mm case diameter and a 15 mm case thickness. It weighs 6.56 oz.
It's size and weight were two of the major deciding factors.
My next watch will be as big or bigger, mechanical, and my biggest investment in a timepiece yet [smile]

BeerGuy said:
If you want pre-owned then don't bother with a store. Find a buyer with a moderate - high post count on here.

Timezone Sales Corner - watches below $5000

You can also search on www.elitedealseeker.com
Thanks - I'll definitely look in to those!

I probably wouldn't wear my Bulova Accutron SpaceView while shooting a .500 Magnum, but I don't think that any mechanical watch would really have a problem. it's only when you DROP the watch that you tend to have problems.

I just got mine back from being completely repaired and overhauled. It sat dead in a drawer since about 1975..

Just out of curiosity, who did the work for you?

Watchmaker in Milford. Barry Marcus.

Did a great job. Cleaned everything, got it running replaced the circuit and even gave a 1 year warranty on his work! You probably know that most people will not even touch these bizarre beasts. He also fixed a Roamer and replaced a battery in a Rado at the same time. All work was done well. Not fast, but done right. He has an Enzo of mine that he is doing some work for me now.

I would definitely reccomend.

Back
Top Bottom