Maynard Rod & Gun experience

I'm considering joining the Maynard Rod & Gun Club as it is very close to me.Is there anyone here who has been shooting there before or is a member? The website sucks,so I don't know whether they offer rentals or anything.If someone does shoot there I would be honored if they would take me along as a guest,and better yet,allow me to shoot their guns? I would be more than happy to reimburse you for any ammo I use.

I used to shoot there in 22 bullseye competition. Their range is downstairs and they have a bar & lounge above. I believe that their outdoor activities, which was trap only, ceased after some complaints from neighbors. I do know that a lot of their members have joined HSC.

I agree that this club is more about drinking than shooting. I've been there a couple of times as a guest and I was not impressed.

Although I was invited by a member to join I declined because I simply don't drink enough to belong there.

Harvard Sportsmens Club is the best club around. Do yourself a favor and join our club and never look back. You'll always have a range to yourself whenever you go!!!

If your really a shooter join Harvard Sportmens Club, Its 15 minutes from Maynard with a whole lot more to offer. If your hobbies include beer and pretzels stick to Maynard!
Brian

The only reason I'm still considering the maynard club is literally a 5 minute walk from my house.But My car troubles should be over soon,so I guess I can wait.

Very few ranges rent guns. American Firearms School in Attleboro and The Firing Line in Manchester are probably the closest to you.

Be prepared to pay through the nose.

There's a member shoot planned at the end of November about 20 minutes from Maynard where you can shoot everything imaginable if you just bring ammo.

There's a member shoot planned at the end of November about 20 minutes from Maynard where you can shoot everything imaginable if you just bring ammo.

Would it be acceptable to compensate people who allow me to shoot their guns? I tend to go way overboard when anything buying in quantity.For example, If Chili is 2 cans for the price of one,I'll buy 30.

Would it be acceptable to compensate people who allow me to shoot their guns? I tend to go way overboard when anything buying in quantity.For example, If Chili is 2 cans for the price of one,I'll buy 30.

You don't have to compensate anyone. Just show up and bring ammo (.22LR, 9mm, .223, and/or .45 ACP). You can either shoot the ammo you bring or give it to people in exchange for shooting their ammo.

You don't have to compensate anyone. Just show up and bring ammo (.22LR, 9mm, .223, and/or .45 ACP). You can either shoot the ammo you bring or give it to people in exchange for shooting their ammo.

I'm not sure if My FID will be ready in time to buy ammo though.I'd rather just bring some money and pay people for a couple minutes on their guns.

Back
Top Bottom