Maybe going to cabelas tomorrow

I have an opportunity to catch a ride with a friend to Cabelas. I am looking to get a rifle and wanted to know if I am allowed to purchase firearms of any capacity out of state? I probably won't as I will shop with my local gun shops first but who knows if I see a good used one or such.

That place is huge, I went there for the 1st time this year, and Its easily the biggest outdoor store i've ever been to. Great ammo selection, guns seemed hit or miss.

Ok,
Someone told me I could not by any type of Firearms outside the state so I guess I was just trying to see if that was true. LTC Class A ALP

Yes buy all the long guns you want at Cabelas. Minus the AWB items.

When you get back, just fill out an FA-10 form, check off registration and leave the seller info blank.

They will ask for your LTC. It is store policy and nicely posted. Even lists what they need from you if you are from MA, NY, NH, etc.

handguns have to be shipped to an FFL and be mass compliant. Once you add in shipping and transfer fees, you are way above what a mass dealer could order one for. So its not worth it.
Long guns though you can find deals on in the gun room. I got a browining cynergy there for $800 off.

Remember to comply with your LTC A, B, or FID in terms of posession.

you can buy longarms out of state, provided they're legal in your home state.

i went to cabelas 2 weekends ago, but to buy boots (they have Danner boots, which effin ROCK, and it was an excuse to peruse the racks yet again)

Know your prices. Deals can be found, but are rare. If they have a sale on Ammo you can score some deals. But over-all it's a day-trip, rather than a shopping trip (I'm cheap and LOVE Bargains, so that's what I'm basing my opinion on). But visiting Cabellas is a once a year must for us. Just for the eye candy factor.

As for the rifle/longgun, if you can legally own it you can buy it. Just need to fill out an FA-10 to make it all legal when you bring it into this Wonderful State.

You can purchase long guns out of state (from an FFL only) as long as the 1. comply with the MA AWB and 2. you register them via FA-10 within.. I can't remember if it's 7 or 10 days from bringing it into the state. Cabela's has good prices on 'consumables' (read ammo, reloading components, etc) but not so good on long-guns. If you're looking for long-guns, stop at Kittery Trading Post in Kittery,ME on the way up or back. (I'm assuming you're going to the scarborough cabela's, not the one in CT. If in ct, ignore that bit about ktp.)

Sorry question was answered 3 times in 2 minutes before I posted. Have a nice trip, and that Pizza place in the "mall" serves some fine food and some interesting beer.

Cabela prices are a bit steep...just sayin'.

It's a great place to visit... far better than Bass Pro in my view.

But yes, prices are steep. Someone has to pay for that showplace! [grin]

Personally, I only buy what's on sale there... nothing more.

CLMN

I believe there is a waiting period when you buy a gun at the Ct. Cabela's.

There is a 14 day waiting period for long gun purchases in CT..but it DOES NOT apply if you have a CT Pistol Permit or Hunting License....It also does not apply to private sales between CT Residents...

Wow lots of answers in mere minutes!! Thanks for all of the info!! The one in Maine. I went a few times in Texas and the eye candy is amazing!!!
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom