Master shooter shares secrets

that's impressive, i don't care who it is....

i agree he's gone "over" in his acting career....

I came across this video on you-tube of Steven Seagal teaching a fellow officer the secrets that helped make him a "master shooter". It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I used to like Steven Seagal's first few movies but I feel he's lost his edge now. [rolleyes]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQfwK-h3Qrk

I wasn't a big fan of some of the comments he made regarding "only police should have guns (as he displays his collection of custom guns)"
and how he told one properly licensed guy (carrying) with a properly purchased gun that he shouldn't be carrying.

He just doesn't get it.

He's also not that great of a shot.

They also sped up the video of him shooting the steel so it seemed like he was knocking them down quickly.

Last edited:
that's impressive, i don't care who it is....

Impressive, at 6 yards?!?

And that "putting the bullet through the same hole"? Well, gee, he made a hole, and grouped the second shot at the size of a half-dollar. Great. Then he asks his student to try a full mag. Let's see him keep the grouping at that half-dollar with 10 rounds.

Oh, and let's not try to compare our "master" shooting skills with someone who hasn't handled that exact same firearm in the past, sighted it in, etc, learn how it responds in various grip and stance configurations, and is not a novice shooter.

It's like asking a 5 year-old to figure the cube root of 8000 after teaching him/her only addition and subtraction.

I concur, I was trying my hand at dry humor. He's just so humble though. Perhaps we should sticky this film clip over on the Training Techniques section of the forum.[wink]

thats pretty funny, we should also put up a how to section and post the part from the movie where he makes his own silencer/cut down shotgun/ and other stupid things

i've been to HSC many times and watch people shoot. yet, we are all expert marksmen sniper online....

He is a good shot. He is a bad teacher. He is a bad actor. And, by his comments on gun ownership, he is a bad American. Good shot, though. But, not a master.

I wasn't a big fan of some of the comments he made regarding "only police should have guns (as he displays his collection of custom guns)"
and how he told one properly licensed guy (carrying) with a properly purchased gun that he shouldn't be carrying.

He just doesn't get it.

He's also not that great of a shot.

They also sped up the video of him shooting the steel so it seemed like he was knocking them down quickly.

Any idea of that video is online?

I don' know nothin' ... but if someone asked me to help them pass a qualification test , I'd probably practice that , instead of match head shooting.

What I saw was a guy who wanted help being treated to an hour of " Look how cool I am. "

I saw the episode of his police show where he was making the comments about only the cops having guns and being happy to get them off the street etc. I'm not a fan of his to begin with, these comments only further reinforced my dislike for him. There was also a video of him tossing some little kid/guy literally half his size around on The Tonight Show (I think?) as some kind of martial arts demo, that came up in the first thread where this was discussed a little while back; similar to his display in this video shooting large paper targets at very close distances = not impressed.

I saw the episode of his police show where he was making the comments about only the cops having guns and being happy to get them off the street etc. I'm not a fan of his to begin with, these comments only further reinforced my dislike for him. There was also a video of him tossing some little kid/guy literally half his size around on The Tonight Show (I think?) as some kind of martial arts demo, that came up in the first thread where this was discussed a little while back; similar to his display in this video shooting large paper targets at very close distances = not impressed.

He is a 7th-dan black belt in aikido, and began his adult life as an aikido instructor in Japan before getting into movies. Not saying he does not have a bunch of douchy things to say but I am pretty sure he is legit in the martial arts.

He is a 7th-dan black belt in aikido, and began his adult life as an aikido instructor in Japan before getting into movies. Not saying he does not have a bunch of douchy things to say but I am pretty sure he is legit in the martial arts.

I'm not saying he isn't skilled, just that his demo was not impressive. It'd be like me kicking around a 6 year old kid.

ETA: Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLvoO5B1dMw

Back
Top Bottom