"Massified" Glock ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into a shop that was selling "massified" glocks. 10lb trigger pull and small hole drilled into ejector side of barrel to pass as loaded chamber indicator. Anyone know anything about legality of buying/owning one of these weapons.

Perfectly legal for you to own it, glocks are not illegal to own in Mass. Buy it if it's what you want. If it's the same place I was talking to recently, it isn't worth the cost to pay them to drill a hole and jack up the trigger, only to have me pay a smith to fix the trigger after I buy it.

lol are you sure they where really selling it or not doing it as a joke ?
What's the shop.
The hole drilled in the side of the barrel sounds like a knock against the ag for her pending lawsuit.

It's totally legal to own a glock in mass . Just not for dealers to sell ones made after x date.

The loaded round hole is a joke that what the extractor dose .

The way the shop explained it was that they were making them compliant with AG regs by drilling an LCI and adding the NY trigger to get it to the 10 lb mark.

As long as you have the proper license you can own any semi auto pistol, the exception being an assault pistol. Just make sure you have magazines that are compliant (10 rounder's). There is no possessory crime for owning an off the list pistol. the crime is committed by the dealer that sells it. I am sure those with more knowledge then I will also reply. YMMV

Hmmmm, since they're on the roster if they are made compliant with the AG regs then the dealer would be good to go.

Of course if you want a Glock with a navel...

I know a local shop doing the same thing but up on the barrel hood. Says its legal????? You know what they say about shit you hear in gunshops............

Its just feel good bullshit that they they are doing, but any guns that are approved don't only need those compliance features, they also need to be tested by the state labs to pass their drop tests and whatever other crap they subject them to so chances are good that they would still get jacked up for selling off list guns anyway. I also thought that the guns need to have a mechanical safety too, so I wonder what they are doing for that?

Its just feel good bullshit that they they are doing, but any guns that are approved don't only need those compliance features, they also need to be tested by the state labs to pass their drop tests and whatever other crap they subject them to so chances are good that they would still get jacked up for selling off list guns anyway. I also thought that the guns need to have a mechanical safety too, so I wonder what they are doing for that?

I think it has the in-the-trigger safety?

Passing those tests is what gets them on the approved roster, no?

Just going from a flawed memory.

registered user with first post asking if glocks are legal to sell... huh.

They don't have to have a manual safety if they have the lci and 10lb trigger, think of the mp series

Glocks are on the lab tested list, and the manual safety is one of an either/or feature, so that is not an obstacle.

Most Glocks are already on the EOPS list. Whether the modified ones from this dealer pass the AG criteria, only the AG knows.

a glock with a hole in the barrel is not good. I wouldn't buy that firearm if it was a 1.99 on sale. I would replace the components especially the trigger and barrel because if they drilled holes you don't know what else is wrong with it. [crying]

I think it has the in-the-trigger safety?

Passing those tests is what gets them on the approved roster, no?

Just going from a flawed memory.

My SR9c has the same trigger safety but has a manual safety.

They don't have to have a manual safety if they have the lci and 10lb trigger, think of the mp series

As I mentioned above I have an SR9c, which has a manual safety and LCI, but an awesome trigger so I guess you must be right and it is something about having two out of the three options. Personally, I'd rather have a safety than a full retard 10lb. trigger, but that's just me.

registered user with first post asking if glocks are legal to sell... huh.
I believe I was asking if they are legal to own, if purchased from a shop, thx. As to my first post, not sure why that would matter?

I have one like you described. Put in a Storm Lake barrel and replaced the trigger spring. Not a big ****ing deal, since that's normally what I do anyway. The price was worth it!

I believe I was asking if they are legal to own, if purchased from a shop, thx. As to my first post, not sure why that would matter?
Because if you had been here a while you might have read the FAQs, read the 100 other times this question has been asked and answered, etc. First post being a rehash of a question asked so many times caused the comment

It is worth reading the FAQs

And read in particular the FAQs in http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forums/81-Massachusetts-Laws which would have answered your question before you asked it

Except when chambered in .40

You fools! nothing is safe about glock fo-tays. I once heard of a law enforcement PROFESSIONAL get shot by his own block fo-tay when he tried to take the bullets out to make it safe for his golden retriever.

$600, $700 for the 30s if I remember correctly

There is the problem. For $700 you could buy an early new Gen 4 in unmodified condition on the used market.

If he was selling them for the $550 that they sell for in the rest of the country, then it might be worth considering.

To the OP. Please do NOT name the dealer. Only bad will come of that.

Because if you had been here a while you might have read the FAQs, read the 100 other times this question has been asked and answered, etc. First post being a rehash of a question asked so many times caused the comment

It is worth reading the FAQs

And read in particular the FAQs in http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forums/81-Massachusetts-Laws which would have answered your question before you asked it

ok, I get it, I looked for it but didn't find it. I also thought if legal folks might like to know where to purchase a under $800 glock instead of paying some of the ridiculous prices in this forum.

What shops are doing this ...
Glocks extractor is the lci. That's the whole base for the lawsuit against the ag right now.
If they don't know that about glocks then would you really want a gun they modded ?

If the gun can be fired with the mag removed it needs the lci iirc.

What shops are doing this ...
Glocks extractor is the lci. That's the whole base for the lawsuit against the ag right now.
If they don't know that about glocks then would you really want a gun they modded ?

If the gun can be fired with the mag removed it needs the lci iirc.
Hold you're horses Ben. Your coming dangerously close to outing a very good company who has a stellar reputation within the NES community. They know the deal. They know what they're doing. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom