• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Liberal Climate Bill PASSES !

I wouldn't lose sleep about it if I were you.

One of his favorite tricks is to stay quiet about this-or-that
bit of moonbattery until the Donk leadership assures him
that they have a veto-proof majority.
Then it's hurr-durr, hurr-durr all day long,
because he's allowed to look good with his base
while not getting in the way of Progress.
I think they know if they have the votes in the first discussion on it. They like to send alot of stuff to committee or further study or whatever they call it when it's something that benefits us or they don't have the votes yet.

I think they know if they have the votes in the first discussion on it. They like to send alot of stuff to committee or further study or whatever they call it when it's something that benefits us or they don't have the votes yet.
Yahbut ISTR that sometimes when they've got a superdupermajority of votes for some craptastic bill,
the real wheeling and dealing is who among the majority party gets a permission slip
to vote against it, so it looks to the folks back home as if they're Fighting Beacon Hill.

Let us review:

Howie Carr's Three Rules of Massachusetts Lawmaking​
  1. Nothing is on the level.
  2. Everything is a deal.
  3. No deal is too small.

Last edited:
Im looking forward to converting my house to electric heating, snow and cold weather never interfere with the power lines, its a foolproof plan.
Not a fan of the Bill either but the idea is to be all solar with battery backup. If I had the money I would invest in Tesla roof tiles and the Tesla batteries, working from home past 16 years our electricity bills are quite high. But I would prefer to buy outright rather than pay someone else on a lease system.

Huh.

Not sure how anything I said relates to anything you said, but hey! You do you.
Good teachers are out there! I can onlynimagine that lesson plans are reviewed and approved with certain outcomes in mind.

I just had a conversation about where the covid 19 "free lunches" at his school come from. His teacher said the government. I asked him if the teacher mentioned tax payers and she did not.

Not a fan of the Bill either but the idea is to be all solar with battery backup. If I had the money I would invest in Tesla roof tiles and the Tesla batteries, working from home past 16 years our electricity bills are quite high. But I would prefer to buy outright rather than pay someone else on a lease system.

Does your house consistently gets enough sunlight? There are many ways to optimize sunlight, reduce heating bills if the house wasn't built like shit or squeezed in a lot just to be sold.

Solar tiles/batteries aren't some magic shit and manufacture is in many ways subsidized by pollution and costs elsewhere.

Does your house consistently gets enough sunlight? There are many ways to optimize sunlight, reduce heating bills if the house wasn't built like shit or squeezed in a lot just to be sold.

Solar tiles/batteries aren't some magic shit and manufacture is in many ways subsidized by pollution and costs elsewhere.
We have gas baseboard heating with supplemental gas fireplaces, apart from some plumbing issues this year, heating is reasonable.

We don't have central air so we have window AC running most of the year. Just that fact that my wife and I are home ALL the time, like most people now but we've being working from home a long time. Our electric bills are anywhere from $400 to $550 a month. To say I don't care about the environment would be untrue, but I'm no tree hugger or global warming alarmist, my reason for solar are purely selfish in that I want to save money on the electric.

FYI I was reading a whole lot of comments from buyers about how Tesla's customer support is beyond horrible when you buy their stuff and have a problem, if you Google it you can see a lot of complaints. For the money you spend they should have good support

Last edited:
We have gas baseboard heating with supplemental gas fireplaces, apart from some plumbing issues this year, heating is reasonable.

We don't have central air so we have window AC running most of the year. Just that fact that my wife and I are home ALL the time, like most people now but we've being working from home a long time. Our electric bills are anywhere from $400 to $550 a month. To say I don't care about the environment would be untrue, but I'm no tree hugger or global warming alarmist, my reason for solar are purely selfish in that I want to save money on the electric.
That seems incredibly high. You may have some inefficiencies that would have way better payback to correct vs going solar. Granted our town has its own P&L department with more reasonable rates, but our bill is never more than around $200 and last bill was $130. House is not small, over 3600 sq ft plus basement. Central air, newer construction with great insulation. 4 of us with me and 2 college kids working/ studying at home.

At least they tried to define the justness, subject to the Secretary's approval.

667 "Environmental justice population", a neighborhood that meets 1 or more of the
668 following criteria: (i) the annual median household income is not more than 65 per cent of the
669 statewide annual median household income; (ii) minorities comprise 40 per cent or more of the
670 population; (iii) 25 per cent or more of households lack English language proficiency; or (iv)
671 minorities comprise 25 per cent or more of the population and the annual median household
672 income of the municipality in which the neighborhood is located does not exceed 150 per cent of
673 the statewide annual median household income; provided, however, that for a neighborhood that
674 does not meet said criteria, but a geographic portion of that neighborhood meets at least 1
675 criterion, the secretary may designate that geographic portion as an environmental justice
676 population upon the petition of at least 10 residents of the geographic portion of that
677 neighborhood meeting any such criteria; provided further, that the secretary may determine that a
678 neighborhood, including any geographic portion thereof, shall not be designated an
679 environmental justice population upon finding that: (A) the annual median household income of
680 that neighborhood is greater than 125 per cent of the statewide median household income; (B) a
681 majority of persons age 25 and older in that neighborhood have a college education; (C) the
682 neighborhood does not bear an unfair burden of environmental pollution; and (D) the
683 neighborhood has more than limited access to natural resources, including open spaces and water
684 resources, playgrounds and other constructed outdoor recreational facilities and venues.
685 “Environmental justice principles”, principles that support protection from environmental
686 pollution and the ability to live in and enjoy a clean and healthy environment, regardless of race,
687 color, income, class, handicap, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity or
688 ancestry, religious belief or English language proficiency, which includes: (i) the meaningful
689 involvement of all people with respect to the development, implementation and enforcement of
690 environmental laws, regulations and policies, including climate change policies; and (ii) the
691 equitable distribution of energy and environmental benefits and environmental burdens.

Add this to the growing pile of reasons why we are heading south in 2022. And what the f@ck is "critical justice language'?
Moved south of the Mason-Dixon in '08. Have never regretted it. More so after going up a few years ago for a wedding and experience hell traffic in Woburn on a Saturday.
Even big companies are opening design centers down here because the talent is too smart to move to high cost high tax locations.
We went to single income when we moved. But we lived better immediately. over a decade later, still not earning the same as our dual income in MA. Life is good.

Time to make calls to your Governor ! VETO !
30 years.

The timing is perfect. I will be retiring, hopefully in less than 30 years, but worse case scenario in 30 years.

That means between now and then MA will become an even bigger liberal sh*thole which means the value of my property will skyrocket and I will be very comfortable when I sell.

It's OK guys, we'll show Baker we mean business and use these Dominion voting machines to throw him out!
Just wait until they stab him in the back...

667 "Environmental justice population", a neighborhood that meets 1 or more of the
668 following criteria: ...; (iii) 25 per cent or more of households lack English language proficiency; ...
Tragic Vocabulary Accident in 3...2...1...

Last edited:
Baker is passing all the woke bills in preparation for a presidential run.
There sure seems to be an overflowing toilet of GOP cucks that think the party is just swooning to vote, or at least participate in the appearance of a vote, for another corporate country club quisling.

They really think the MAGA base wants to continue voting for rich a**h***s that want to loot America so they can continue to get rich exporting jobs and pollution to communist surveillance slave states?

These people are so G-d damn clueless. They have zero idea the mood of the country right now. Just as feckless as the French and Russian nobility leading up to their revolutions.

View: https://twitter.com/Cyclopsed1/status/1346528269080866816

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom