• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts: Castle Doctrine Legislation Remains in Committee

Acujeff

NES Member
The Massachusetts Joint Committee on the Judiciary held a hearing on February 6 on Senate Bill 661, an important self-defense bill, but has not yet voted this bill out of committee. Please call AND e-mail members of the Joint Committee on the Judiciary TODAY and urge them to vote SB 661 out of the committee, so it may move forward though the legislative process. Contact information for the committee can be found through the link:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...octrine-legislation-remains-in-committee.aspx

Why hasn't GOAL contacted us regarding this.
Come to think of it the NRA hasn't emailed me either.

Maybe because GOAL doesn't have a communications director anymore.

Either that or the smoke stack isn't working.

Why hasn't GOAL contacted us regarding this.
Come to think of it the NRA hasn't emailed me either.

Maybe because GOAL doesn't have a communications director anymore.

Either that or the smoke stack isn't working.

You should have gotten something from the NRA if you're subscribed for it. Check your spam folder. [wink] Also, I think your right with your assumption about GOAL. [thinking]

The question is, how do we get it out of committee? Who is keeping their thumb down on it, or on who, and why?

My guess would be that it's the committee itself. They didn't seem interested in even hearing about it when it was up for discussion. The testimonies that were "heard" fell on deaf ears. [hmmm]

Our reps & whatnot need to be pushed to to push it out of committee.

NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts are sent daily, except Sundays
Subscribe at:
https://secure.nraila.org/EmailSignup.aspx

GOAL sends out a e-newsletter every Friday
Subscribe at:
http://goal.org/joinourlist.html

I do not need updates every day.

I just want the important stuff for Massachusetts.

As far as GOAL is concerned, they canned a very valuable employee who used to do the website and e-newsletter.

Nobody read the newsletter anyway since the internet was just a fad.

In case anyone wonders why this bill is still in committee, take a look at the committe members...5 Democrats and one Republican, 'Nuff said.

I didn't get my GOAL news letter last week and I doubt I will be getting one today.

I will have to add a shocked face to this if I do.

Sadly I don't think they will be getting anymore of my money. No one over there ever did answer my simple question as to why the outdoor message didn't have the clubs (events) listed alphabetically instead of the seemingly hodge-podge, any order that they are now in. Anyone?

Last edited:
Passage of this bill won't help them get re-elected and will continue to 'be studied' by the Committee (i.e, it's DOA).

There you go. Until enough voters get behind this and push this bill hard enough, it is going nowhere. Do you want it bad enough to get people fired up? It would involve radio hosts, writing newspapers, etc.

I think the best thing to do would be to get some radio time with some people who this could have helped if it were in place.

I've been posting about this everywhere, forums, FB, I emailed Michael Graham from 96.9, he usually responds to emails as well. Trying to get people involved!

I don't need any ****ing bill, you invade my castle, most assuredly you'll leave in a bag. What happens to me after that, I really dont care.

I've asked this question in another thread that probably didn't get many views:

To your point of needing voters to get behind this law. Why can't we get a question added to the ballot? My recollection is that we would need to get about 60K signatures. With NES as a resource that seems possible. Other than needing signatures I know ZERO about this process....hoping someone might know more about it and speak up.

There you go. Until enough voters get behind this and push this bill hard enough, it is going nowhere. Do you want it bad enough to get people fired up? It would involve radio hosts, writing newspapers, etc.

I think the best thing to do would be to get some radio time with some people who this could have helped if it were in place.

I've asked this question in another thread that probably didn't get many views:

To your point of needing voters to get behind this law. Why can't we get a question added to the ballot? My recollection is that we would need to get about 60K signatures. With NES as a resource that seems possible. Other than needing signatures I know ZERO about this process....hoping someone might know more about it and speak up.

Marsha would have to approve of the question for it be put on a ballot! [shocked]

Not going to happen!

Next, if it passes, the legislature just ignores it just like the reduction in income tax referendum. They know best for the subjects!

Back
Top Bottom