Mass Woman Hunter Ed Instructor needs your help - the glove are coming off!

Massachusetts Woman anHunter Education Instructor is Prois Award Finalist
Hi, I am writing to you - I need your help with this project.

Hello:

My name is Andrea Fisher and I am a fellow outdoorswoman, hunter, and certifiedMassachusetts Hunter Ed Instructor.

Iam posting this because I was hoping you could lend me a hand. I am a Massachusetts resident so I am a local gal. I am also a member ofthe Riverside Gun Club, GOAL and of course the NRA! Thank you in advancefor reading my message, and passing this along to your friends and colleagues. I would be appreciative of any help you could lend.

I am the only New England finalist.

I also hope this will raise awareness so otherlocal women may enter this contest in the future! Women and children, of course, are the futureof hunting! The ranks of hunters is dwindling,and we need to do something about it! Itis up to us, to promote a positive image of hunting and the shooting sports sowe can all continue to enjoy these for years to come.

www.proishunting.com

I entered an international contest by writing an essay last month and am one of12 finalists! The award is the Prois Award, a prestigious award for a seriouswoman hunter.

Seven judges, all esteemed people in the hunting world, (Craig Boddington (hunter,writer and TV personality), Ron Spomer (hunter, photographer, writer and TVpersonality), Brenda Valentine (hunter, spokeswoman for Bass Pro Shops and TVpersonality), Kirstie Pike (hunter and Prois Owner), Diana Rupp (hunter andEditor-in-Chief, Sports Afield), Ron Schmeits (past President, NRA) and GuyEastman (hunter and publisher of Eastman’s Hunting Journal) read the essays andscored each one, and those with the highest scores were selected. The criteria was hunting experience, publicreach and mentoring, such as any volunteer work, educating and giving back tothe community in any hunting way as well as promoting the sport to others. Thepurpose of this contest is to promote women as hunters, who serve as properrole models for the sport of hunting. Now, with the judge’s scores, the 12 finalistsenter the public voting phase, and at the end of the voting on December 15[SUP]th[/SUP]at midnight, the judges scores and the public voting scores will be addedand a winner declared!

Thewinner of this award will win an over-the-top-mega-beyond-Thunderdome huntingtrip to Alberta Canada, for elk, mule deer, whitetail deer and wolf, somehunting gear from corporate sponsors, and the hunt will be accompanied by DianaRupp, the editor-in-chief of the magazine Sports Afield, and the trip will befeatured in an upcoming issue of Sports Afield. The outfitter is one of thebest in Canada, with spectacular access to great hunting areas.

Thesponsor of this contest is Prois, a company that makes women’s hunting clothingand one of the first who recognized the need for this with so many women nowhunting. This is the website below, and you will be able to vote on line. It will only take a fw seconds to do this. If you go to the Prois homepage, and click on Prois Award in the upper right hand corner, you will see thecontestants. Voting will go until midnight December 15[SUP]th[/SUP].

Iwould love to have the honor of your vote. I have some pretty stiffcompetition, one woman is a professional hunter with oodles of corporate sponsorshiips and a number of women who are members of very large Safari ClubChapters with extensive reach. Let's send a message aboutMassachusetts! And about women hunters! Please help me out withyour vote.

Pleasetake a moment to read my story and I would appreciate your vote. I knowyour time is valuable, but please help me by asking and encouraging both menand women, friends, co-workers, family, club and teaching group members andfellow hunters to cast a vote for me as well. I would truly appreciate it!
Thanks! AndHappy Trails, always!
www.proishunting.com

AndreaFisher

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom