MASS Senator to ban two more firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.
MA Sen. Jarrett Barrios (D) Wants to Ban so-called 'Cop-Killer' Guns

According to recent reports, Senator Jarrett Barrios (D) filed legislation to ban two firearms that anti-gun groups such as the Brady Campaign (formerly Handgun Control Inc.) describes as "a clear and present threat to police officers", "a tragedy waiting to happen." and “cop-killing gun(s),"

The legislation introduced to the Senate on Wednesday, March 16th, would make it illegal for anyone except a police officer or military official to possess a Fabrique Nationale (FN) Five-seveN pistol, which can shoot armor-piercing bullets or a .50 Barrett Rifle. Senator Barrios and other anti-gun legislatures have even said that the Five-Seven pistol was easily concealable. However, according to the dimensions of the pistol, the Five-seveN handgun is a full-size pistol and is not easily concealable. In fact, it is larger than most current-issue sidearms carried by law enforcement agencies throughout the country.

It is important to note that currently, according to the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the armor-piercing ammunition is only available to the military and police.
Recently, according to the Brady Campaign, the National Rifle Association has defended the weapon and questioned the Brady Campaign's testing of the Five-seveN. Michael Barnes of the Brady Campaign suggested that NRA President, Wayne LaPierre "put on a bullet proof vest, and we'll fire the weapon at him, and see what happens.” He should put his body where his mouth is," Barnes said.

The NRA responded, calling it "pathetic to see the gun control lobby make hysterical statements to resurrect their failed political agenda." Massachusetts Democrat politicians with help from the gun ban lobby, especially the Brady Campaign, continue to deceive Massachusetts citizens in an effort to eventually ban all firearms ownership by any and all law-abiding citizens.

With regards to the Five-Seven pistol, the Federal BATF has even determined that it is 'particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes,' and has approved its importation. There is also nothing special about the ammunition being sold to the public. Under Federal law, only non-armor-penetrating types of ammunition may even be sold.

Do not be fooled. This latest step is just one of many taken by Senator Barrios and the gun-banning politicians and groups to eventually strip the right of any law-abiding citizens to defend themselves or their family so that an individual’s safety will solely depend on others under the legislature’s purview.

Please contact the MA Gun Owners Action League by calling them at (508) 393-5333 or email [email protected]. GOAL is the official MA organization of the NRA.

Senator Barrios can be reached by calling (617) 722-1650, emailing [email protected] or visiting his web site at http://www.barrios.org.

Let them know that you are tired of Massachusetts politicians slowly eroding your send-amendment right. Do not be fooled – handguns are first, your hunting firearms are next! GET INVOLVED TODAY!

** PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE WHO MAY HELP OUR CAUSE **
If you have any questions, please call 309-413-6346.

For those of us in MA... Isn't the license for a fifty expensive along with the other BS that goes with it? So ,basically they are trying to target law abiding citizens once again,and if they enforced the laws that were actually allready there...... arggg my head hurts, but that could be the migrain I have too right now.

Derek,

I don't believe that you told him "... wouldn't it make sense to ban all handguns since they are used far more often to kill people (not just cops). "! [I'm not really coming down on you for saying this, but he'll run with it out of context.]

You don't know who you are dealing with. You have to meet this cretin to really appreciate him. [evil]

Yes, he is 100% for BANNING ALL GUNS, totally. He is also the Chairman of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Ron Glidden and I both testified in front of him ~2 years ago. And both of us would have liked to step up there and throttle this creep.

It's a LTC that you need before you can think about a gun or ammo in MA! Cost is $100/6 years now. No special license for a .50, just the heavy bread to buy it . . . while you still can . . . and then feed it!

I recently spent $100 for a nonresident Mass LTC-A-A.L.P. permit good for 2 years so I can legally possess firearms in Massachusetts as active duty Military/LE (USCG)........A bunch of bullsh#t.......my CCW in Maine was $35 for 5 yrs - and I'm moving to New Hampshire this week. I feel for Massachusetts residents who are progun - I don't know how you do it. No one should need a permit to own a gun period.......On top of that, the stupidy of Massachusetts legislators becomes more blatant when you make it mandatory for military and law enforcement. That aside - I still think ANYONE (non-felon) should own firearms without restrictions - Vermont/Alaska style.

they made me take a 4 hour safety course, even though I had recentley,(2 months) returned from a deployment from Bosnia, where I carried a beretta and a A2 all the time. Cept for a couple 4 day passes. 8)

MrsWildweasel said:
For those of us in MA... Isn't the license for a fifty expensive along with the other BS that goes with it? So ,basically they are trying to target law abiding citizens once again,and if they enforced the laws that were actually allready there...... arggg my head hurts, but that could be the migrain I have too right now.

Bingo. Anyone have a cigar to give the lady? I'm all out. Have I mentioned lately that I HATE this state? I mean HATE this state? Just thought I'd share that with y'all. :)

Congrats and don't get drunk on the freedom.

Keep ever vigilant! Just like crime spreads, so does the disease of over-regulation, so if you aren't vigilant the problems of MA can follow you North.

centermass181 said:
they made me take a 4 hour safety course, even though I had recentley,(2 months) returned from a deployment from Bosnia, where I carried a beretta and a A2 all the time. Cept for a couple 4 day passes. 8)

I did a very highly accelerated/discounted version of a Home Firearm Safety course last year for (1) a Ranger Captain just back from Iraq and (2) a SpecOps Colonel who just finished a command stint in Afghanistan. The Captain even had a local chief who categorically refused to give him or anyone else a Class A. The hump actually had the stones to look him in the face and tell him he'd just have to sell the M9 he wanted to bring home.

Ken

KMaurer said:
centermass181 said:

I did a very highly accelerated/discounted version of a Home Firearm Safety course last year for (1) a Ranger Captain just back from Iraq and (2) a SpecOps Colonel who just finished a command stint in Afghanistan. The Captain even had a local chief who categorically refused to give him or anyone else a Class A. The hump actually had the stones to look him in the face and tell him he'd just have to sell the M9 he wanted to bring home.

Ken

Active duty military is SUPPOSED to be waived from taking the handgun safety course. Not sure what obstacles they ran into when applying for a resident Class A. At least 5 or 6 guys from my command (myself includes), have been able to get our Class A LTC - ALP by applying for one using the non-resident military application - its different and has your commanding officer - not your police chief - approve you. Everyone I know who has one is an E4 or E5 in the Coast Guard. Some municipalities will grant LTC without any real hassle - supposedly my old town (Plymouth) was good with issueing LTC. I think the best bet is to get a non-resident LTC - especially if you are active duty military - it sucks only because its good for 2 yrs (nonresident is normally one I realize - 2yrs for military).

For my Massachusetts Class A LTC I provided a copy of my Maine criminal background check, fingerprints from a local PD, the 1" by 1" photo, paperwork signed by my CO (references to see if you are of "good character" are not on this form), a Memorandum from my Command requesting a gun permit (not sure if required - we just did it to be safe), and the $100 money order. Mailed it into the State of Mass. Firearms Record Bureau and it went through.....I ran into some problems - minor glitches on my handling of the paperwork. Otherwise it went fairly smooth - and was able to get "All Lawful Purposes" under the premise that the permit was work related.....

Hope this helps. I know there is a way for these two military officers to get their Carry Permit. The fact that they were denied is ridiculous. I think a non-resident permit (proof of non-residentcy is easy with a active duty military ID).

Yeah, there are a number of cities and towns in the People's Republic where you'd be much better off applying as a non-resident. It costs 6x as much, but at least you can get a Class A. That was the Captain's problem; he was a Massachusetts resident in the wrong place. Equal protection seems to mean that everyone is equally at the mercy of their local chief's prejudices.

Ken

Look into this thread for a little insight. Posts #97 thru #100 should be relevant.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1235159#post1235159

You guys do understand how to eat an elephant or about boiling frogs, right? And I'm serious, though the examples aren't.

You eat the elephant one piece at a time, because you can't do it at one sitting.

As for boiling frogs, you'll have to do your research there. It'll be good for you.

The bottom line is, if Mass were to ban ALL firearms ownership, and demand immediate confiscation, what would be the result?

Possible revolution and massive non-compliance, right?

Other than the one line Len mentioned, it was a good letter Derek.

For everyone else, whenever you write a letter to ANY politician about guns - read it three times before you send it. Put yourself in their shoes (I know, it's a disgusting thought, but bear with me) and see if there's anything in it they can twist around. I've been doing this for years and the more you write, the better you get. Don't let what I just wrote, however, stop you from writing. If you want some suggestions, post it here first for us to read. The important thing is that we DO write and we DO call. (Actually, snail mail and phone calls get a higher rating with them than emails do because they look at them as taking more effort to do). So....charge!!!

Barrios

This guy is a complete idiot. Fortunately Mass. has a number of state Reps and Senators that support gun owner's rights, as evidenced my 2004's gun law reform bill which passed with GOALS help. I'll be in New Hampshire in a month where gun owner's rights are respected. Already filled out a membership application for NH Firearms Coalition. [wink]

Lynne said:
For everyone else, whenever you write a letter to ANY politician about guns - read it three times before you send it. Put yourself in their shoes (I know, it's a disgusting thought, but bear with me) and see if there's anything in it they can twist around.

And do the same thing when you write your local newspaper. When writing to a paper, do NOT stoop to the level of those you despise. Rise to the occasion, and write a responsible, hard to argue against piece.

When writing politicians, always remember your goal. You want them to change their way of thinking. Remember that. Don't gripe, other than to tell them that you're disappointed with their beliefs. Try to make them think you'll vote for them, IF they vote for the same things you believe in.

LenS said:
It's a LTC that you need before you can think about a gun or ammo in MA! Cost is $100/6 years now. No special license for a .50, just the heavy bread to buy it . . . while you still can . . . and then feed it!

.....and $100 a YEAR if you are a nonresident (2 years if you are active duty military). I spent $100 for the permits - so I could get my guns back. I had stupidly signed my guns in to a military armory for safekeeping when I was first stationed in Mass. Only three of my guns - but it took almost two years for me to get my guns back. I have a lot of respect for those who stick it out in Massachusetts. I don't know how you do it.

If anyone in Mass ever needs a place to go shooting or what not - let me know.......I should have a membership at a gun range locally by early this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom