Mass saltwater fishing license

I got one of these last year. Is this something I need to get every year now? If so, has anything changed since last year? I plan on fishing in CT (Long Island Sound) and also maybe Maine. What about on boats like Yankee Fleet out of Gloucester?

That said, is the saltwater still a separate license, or a part of the other regular fishing license now? How is this treated in other states? What is the process? Is it still free?

Thanks.

Separate license that is only good for one year, believe it was 10$. Yankee fleet should cover you under their license I think, but not certain, id call and ask first.

Commercial boats cover you under their license. However, until things sort out each state appears to be issuing their own licenses with little reciprocity so you will need to check with each state where you want to fish.

If you are a MA lic holder you'll need to buy it from the MA EPO's when you buy your "Regular" lic. You DO NOT need the federal lic if you have the MA state.

If you are a MA lic holder you'll need to buy it from the MA EPO's when you buy your "Regular" lic. You DO NOT need the federal lic if you have the MA state.

This is unclear to me. Is it just another add-on to the "Sporting License", or is it a separate license? If I fish in Long Island Sound (CT/NY), does a Massachusetts/federal license suffice?

From what I understand fishing on any charter boats, you will be covered by the boats license. If you want to fish any saltwater body of water on your own you need the MA state license. I also had the federal card last year but from What I know you need the 10$ ma fish and game license by law this year. I think it's a good thing overall I don't see it so much down when I fish the canal, but in Boston the EPO could really crack down on some of the guys who keep everything and don't care about size/limit rules and I would bet many of them won't have a license this year. Im nnot sure on the CT/NY license I would say you need a guest license, or whatever they call for on there website.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is unclear to me. Is it just another add-on to the "Sporting License", or is it a separate license? If I fish in Long Island Sound (CT/NY), does a Massachusetts/federal license suffice?

It's my understanding that the fed's gave each costal state an option to "Buy into" the lic program. If the said State chose not too then the Lic fee's would go to the fed's. Thus most states are implementing thier own license w/the fee going to the state. I do not believe the MA lic is valid in NY/CT

It's my understanding that the fed's gave each costal state an option to "Buy into" the lic program. If the said State chose not too then the Lic fee's would go to the fed's. Thus most states are implementing thier own license w/the fee going to the state. I do not believe the MA lic is valid in NY/CT

MA saltwater is good in RI and CT waters, not sure about NY.

We're pretty pissed about having to not only get one again this year, but also having to pay for it... just to fish in our own backyard. They already waste enough of our money.

Quite the choice, the state charges and keeps the funds, or the feds charge and keep the funds. I guess the silver lining is: It's only $10, and it's kept in the state. I remember that my marine stamp in CA was either 15 or 20 back in 07.

Back
Top Bottom