Mass LEO's 2nd A feelings

Quite a few of the guys are pro 2A but we all know that 1 jerk who will jam someone up just because. Co-worker of mine nailed a guy for carrying with a Target and hunting only Class A. This isn't a third hand story, I saw the paperwork myself. I've been trying to catch up with him to ask him why he did it, but I already sadly know the reason.

Nailed him? What "paperwork" is there other than ratting them out to their IA? (unless issuing authority was same town?) I'm curious as to what he actually "did" to the guy.

-Mike

what are you talking about?

I'm talking about how this cop is getting a taste of what the average gun owner goes through in the same situation. Usually cops get a pass when they violate this sh1tholes stupid gun laws and even when they do stupid things like ND.

I'm talking about how this cop is getting a taste of what the average gun owner goes through in the same situation. Usually cops get a pass when they violate this sh1tholes stupid gun laws and even when they do stupid things like ND.
Ahh. So the posting about the average gun owner in this thread that had a domestic violence issue, that was dealt with properly by his local PD, retained his 2A rights, and his guns, went right past you. But the cop that got dealt with properly, got fired, lost his guns and LTC, is what garners your focus. Do you get nosebleeds up there?

I went to one of the 2A rallies in boston and one of the cops standing next to me kept commenting on the ar15 flags that said come and take it saying how ill take it and shove it down your throats to another leo. Theres bad seeds everywhere unfortunately

Ahh. So the posting about the average gun owner in this thread that had a domestic violence issue, that was dealt with properly by his local PD, retained his 2A rights, and his guns, went right past you. But the cop that got dealt with properly, got fired, lost his guns and LTC, is what garners your focus. Do you get nosebleeds up there?

Are you trying to use a one in a million example to make your point? The examples of people being denied for things that happened decades ago when they were teenagers is too numerous to count not to mention the false 209As filed by angry wives or gfs. Even after being dismissed, still no LTC. I'm sure almost everyone here knows somebody in that situation. This crap still goes on. This cop being made to live by the same rules as us is a rarity.

I went to one of the 2A rallies in boston and one of the cops standing next to me kept commenting on the ar15 flags that said come and take it saying how ill take it and shove it down your throats to another leo. Theres bad seeds everywhere unfortunately
Of course there are. What sucks tho, is that the cop standing next to you opened his mouth in regards to his personal opinion at a lawful demonstration. Shame on him. Guys like that take it personal, but in reality, it's just a ****ing job. Guys like him take work home with them, take it out on the wife and kids, and die early of heart attacks. He should of kept his opinions to himself, we are not only taught that, we are ordered to do so at rallies like that. Cops are their own worst enemies about %75 of the time.

Are you trying to use a one in a million example to make your point? The examples of people being denied for things that happened decades ago when they were teenagers is too numerous to count not to mention the false 209As filed by angry wives or gfs. Even after being dismissed, still no LTC. I'm sure almost everyone here knows somebody in that situation. This crap still goes on. This cop being made to live by the same rules as us is a rarity.
I don't agree with your one in a million example. If you can cite me some other cases in MA where the cop was able to sidestep the law with domestic violence, please do. It's not my fault that people get denied because of shit they did as teenagers, but I got news for you, if you have shit on your record from when you're a teenager that won't allow you to get an LTC in MA, you also aren't gonna get hired as an LE in MA. I know a bunch of cops that ****ed up and got fired, for a multitude of reasons, in my 25 years doing the job. I can only speak for MA, but chiefs don't put up with much shit at all anymore.

I don't mean to discount those LEO's who do support our rights, but I hate to say it, your feelings on the subject are irrelevant. They don't matter at all. Only your actions in regards to them matter.

One of my buddies is an LEO and we go shooting together often. HOLY ****. I hope to god he never has to fire his weapon to save his life or the life of any other. IF he is on paper, it was a shear act of GOD himself. It just reaffirms my belief in personal responsibility in all things in life, including protecting myself and loved ones.

AH HA HA HA......
Sorry. I just have to laugh sometimes. I have only been in L.E. in the Commonwealth since late 80's. Worked with municipal and state agencies since from south shore to metro west. Have to say my experience is that 95% of us "LEO's" FULLY support the 2nd Amendment. Can't speak for the minority of politico-chiefs and agenda-driven hacks like Ron Glidden. But who cares about reality? As long as my brother and sister firearm enthusiasts want to paint us as anti-gun, so be it.
(thank God I'm Green)

You should have said go for it

The attitude of most cops I've spoken with that they consider every gun besides the one on their belt and the belts of their fellow officers as a personal and direct threat to them, and that they'd take them all away if they could.

Should of charged his with hate speech and assault. Viva estudios unidos.

AH HA HA HA......
Sorry. I just have to laugh sometimes. I have only been in L.E. in the Commonwealth since late 80's. Worked with municipal and state agencies since from south shore to metro west. Have to say my experience is that 95% of us "LEO's" FULLY support the 2nd Amendment. Can't speak for the minority of politico-chiefs and agenda-driven hacks like Ron Glidden. But who cares about reality? As long as my brother and sister firearm enthusiasts want to paint us as anti-gun, so be it.
(thank God I'm Green)

If this is true then the real question would be how much of that 95% follows the 5% without question?

Of course there are. What sucks tho, is that the cop standing next to you opened his mouth in regards to his personal opinion at a lawful demonstration. Shame on him. Guys like that take it personal, but in reality, it's just a ****ing job. Guys like him take work home with them, take it out on the wife and kids, and die early of heart attacks. He should of kept his opinions to himself, we are not only taught that, we are ordered to do so at rallies like that. Cops are their own worst enemies about %75 of the time.

At the Boston rally in Jan 2013, I specifically walked up to every cop there (~40 of them) and asked what they thought of the proposed new laws we were there to protest. About 80% were not in favor of them and the rest didn't want to answer one way or another. A few of the cops expressed strong approval of why we were there (one showed me his NRA card).

At the time, there was also a thread on here of one LEO trying to organize others to fight against the bills.

All in my department are pro 2A which is nice. I have met a few anti gun cops but there is no point arguing so I don't.

If this is true then the real question would be how much of that 95% follows the 5% without question?

How oversimplified....Apply this formula to the Military and other professions as well. EVERYBODY must follow their own conscience and the LAWS they have sworn to uphold and defend. Again will 95% of the 95% do what is right? Will it be enough? Guess you'll just have to wait and see....[shocked]

How oversimplified....Apply this formula to the Military and other professions as well. EVERYBODY must follow their own conscience and the LAWS they have sworn to uphold and defend. Again will 95% of the 95% do what is right? Will it be enough? Guess you'll just have to wait and see....[shocked]

Thank you for coming up with the word I was searching for to describe your percentage ratio: Oversimplified.

Your percentage estimate is a perfect example of the word "Oversimplified". When someone says "95%" it implies "almost always" or "almost everyone" without being mathematically so accurate. You even go on to describe what one may question in their own mind. Yet another oversimplification.

So a question about what percentage of your brethren will choose to follow is not being oversimplified.

Back
Top Bottom