Mass GOP Convention

I hope this was a mistake but following the Mass. GOP Convention today, a few minutes ago Charlie Baker spoke and the tweets coming from the Convention report Charlie said in his speech he is" for the existing Mass. firearm laws and a ban on assault weapons". In the mold of Scott Brown and Gabriel Gomez. I hope I read it wrong but I don't think so.

I was there and he said no such thing in his speech. Can't speak for what is coming out in the campaign tweets but he didn't even mention firearms. Not a huge Baker supporter but just the facts

I just spoke to some of our delegates who were present and they report Baker did not say that at the convention today. Fisher did not get 15%, he got 14.76 % in the final "official" tally. Interesting that in the initial "unofficial tally" he had 15.04% but in the official tally.. all of a sudden fifity something more "blank" votes were counted which dropped his % below 15%.

I dont think Baker will do anything for the RKBA in MA-

But just imagine if he issued executive orders to complell PD's to SHALL ISSUE LTC-A NR in <40 days.

oh, the humanity

From the MA GOP State Convention Rules:

17.Disqualified Votes.

A vote cast for any ineligible candidate or for any candidate who was not nominated and seconded in accordance with these Rules, or for any candidate who is removed from further consideration in accordance with these Rules, shall not be considered as a vote cast by a delegate present and voting, and shall not be included in determining the whole number of votes cast for any purpose of these Rules.

So, why count the blanks again...?

So now there is no debate and no reason for Baker to state his position on 2A points of interest. With Gomez and Brown as his advisors and Baker maybe winning then we will find out. Great!

I take no interest - they could elect Mao Zedong, I will not comply.

Baker and Tisei dug this hole during there last run, and Tisei restated it during his failed run in 2012 if memory serves which probably cost him the election to Tierney (~3500 votes).

Now it's Baker (again).

We can continue to teach them this lesson - BLANK THE BALLOT - although running against Marsha, I might have to hold my nose.

Mark posted this a few minutes ago

[h=5]Mark Fisher 2014
[/h]16 mins ·

Dear Friends,
Thank you for your support over the last 5 months. I am currently speaking with lawyers about being jobbed out by Kirsten Hughes at the Massachusetts Republican Party "Kangaroo Convention". There were improprieties in the counting of the 'blank' vote that occurred which were not allowed to be challenged and no re-count was allowed. I will let you know our plans in the coming days. Mark Fisher 2014

I dont think Baker will do anything for the RKBA in MA-
but likely will do something against it given his past statements and current crop of "advisors".

But just imagine if he issued executive orders to complell PD's to SHALL ISSUE LTC-A NR in <40 days.

oh, the humanity
Just imagine if we all won the lottery. It's all unicorns and fairies: Will never happen.

We wont get any true conservatives on the ballot in MA. . This state is too far gone .
The only choice we have is to vote for the lesser of 2 evils . I this case , Baker . He might be a Rino but he's a lot better than the alternative .
I'd rather have a moderate republican than another far left loony liberal Democrat

We wont get any true conservatives on the ballot in MA. . This state is too far gone .
The only choice we have is to vote for the lesser of 2 evils . I this case , Baker . He might be a Rino but he's a lot better than the alternative .
I'd rather have a moderate republican than another far left loony liberal Democrat

Hows that freedom smell to you? Like shit? Good go eat it. If you in good conscience support Baker than you are part of the problem. You have a candidate who wants to violate your rights and is proud of the fact he raped and pillaged the working class when he was in private industry. Seems like a great choice. Right up there with ROMNEY and all the shit he brought this state. Enjoy your shit sandwich and don't complain to us how it tastes.

We wont get any true conservatives on the ballot in MA. .

Hmm, so a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro gun control Republican candidate? We arent even in the realm of 'sort of' conservative. How, exactly, is he different from the Democrats? He promises to spend less on welfare? As if.

Hmm, so a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro gun control Republican candidate? We arent even in the realm of 'sort of' conservative. How, exactly, is he different from the Democrats?
Maybe he drives a Chevy instead of a Caddy.

He promises to spend less on welfare? As if.
Yea, right.

This RINO's candidacy, and the way it came about may be enough to push me to unenroll.

Hows that freedom smell to you? Like shit? Good go eat it. If you in good conscience support Baker than you are part of the problem. You have a candidate who wants to violate your rights and is proud of the fact he raped and pillaged the working class when he was in private industry. Seems like a great choice. Right up there with ROMNEY and all the shit he brought this state. Enjoy your shit sandwich and don't complain to us how it tastes.

I guess you didn't understand my post :/
I never said I support Baker ! I said he is the LESSER OF 2 EVILS ! Lesser of 2 evils is all we're going to get in this state !
Baker is a POS but if it's a choice between him and Coakley , I'll vote for him .
What should we do ? What are you going to do ? Stay home / not vote and let the wacko liberal democrat hacks win every time .
If you don't vote you have no right to complain ! If you don't vote you are part of the problem .
Enjoy your shit sandwich if/when Coakley wins .
BTW , I'd rather have Romney than Patrick . Wouldn't you ??????

I heard from a delegate that the convention was an absolute joke. Their votes weren't anonymous and they were pushing delegates to vote for Baker. Fisher got screwed.

Baker sucks, I will not vote for him. I'll write in Fisher.

I heard from a delegate that the convention was an absolute joke. Their votes weren't anonymous and they were pushing delegates to vote for Baker. Fisher got screwed.

NO surprise the convention was a joke .
Baker does suck but Coakley is beyond suck ! Scott Brown sucked too but look who we ended up with .
Everyone who writes in a candidate or doesn't bother to vote is helping Coakley win . Writing in Fisher will just help Coakley .
Really !!!!!! Hold your nose and vote for the republican candidate !!!! Baker sucks but Coakley will be a disaster !

Both Fisher and Baker were actively recruiting delegates.

There are no real republicans left in this state. It's all RINOs that think they need to be as democrat and liberal as possible to get elected. I think the only thing we can do is let it burn down under democrap rule.......and maybe start over. I'm hoping to not be around for that bullshit..........every election is like voting for the lesser of two evils.

I'm done with that shit......I'm sick of voting for wishy washy RINO pussies and sick of getting ****ed over by democrat taxes and nonsense. I believe the only way to change anything is to leave and vote with my feet.

I'm not sure which planet your on?? Is Fisher going be on the ballot? Probably not. I'll write him in, but he's not going to win, and if enough Repubs write him in it'll just give Marsha a better win. How's that for ya?

Either way, we all eat shit, no matter what.....

I'm not sure which planet your on?? Is Fisher going be on the ballot? Probably not. I'll write him in, but he's not going to win, and if enough Repubs write him in it'll just give Marsha a better win. How's that for ya?

Either way, we all eat shit, no matter what.....

I can state unequivocally, I will not be voting for Baker and not just because I think he has no shot at winning. Can anyone identify any substantive differences between Baker and the Dems on issues most important to us?

If we continue to accept the flawed logic of supporting the lesser of two evils as our candidate, we'll continue to get sh!tty candidates forced on us. Write Fisher in or just don't vote that race on the ballot. Let Baker get trounced and tell the lightweights running the Mass Repub Party that we've had enough.

Back
Top Bottom