Mass. Glock warning instructions

wheelgun

NES Member
A guy on the AR15 forum (from South Dakota I believe) just picked up a NIB Glock. Inside the (original) box was a brown piece of paper, containing a warning from the Mass. AG that this gun has a loaded chamber indicator (LCI), etc. Sounded a bit unusual for a NIB, since dealer sales in Mass. have been prohibited for 2-3 years now.

So that would place the age of this gun sometime around 2002-2004, right? Just prior to the AG's crackdown. I just find it strange to see it turning up in SD.

What's the story with the LCI - did Glock do it specifically for Mass? I wouldn't think our market is anywhere near big enough to make that worthwhile for Glock. I assume other states like NY might have requested it too?

I saw a similar post today on THR. That Glock has a little nub at the forward part of the extractor. I don't know if it's a leftover from Glock's last foray into Mass or if this is a new extractor type.

I saw a similar post today on THR. That Glock has a little nub at the forward part of the extractor. I don't know if it's a leftover from Glock's last foray into Mass or if this is a new extractor type.

Well, if it's something new for Mass. that means Glock's still interested and that's great news. I don't recall which of the (former) AG's requirements Glocks failed to meet. But I'd love to see them available in Mass. again. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

... I don't recall which of the (former) AG's requirements Glocks failed to meet. ..

I'm pretty sure it was the red-daub-of-paint LCI that failed to impress the AG.
Maybe Glock is going to react to the introduction of the M&P.
It is likely that the M&P is priced to cut into the sales of the recycled Glocks.
How much is Glock going to get for retreads when a new Smith is selling for less than $500?

Back
Top Bottom