Mass Antlerless permits

Says I was selected for Zone 7 but haven't gotten a pink card. When do they arrive? My son did get a re-assignment card.

I got mine and turned it around weeks ago. You should have gotten yours at the same time your son got his yellow card. I would call DFW to see what is going on. If you wait to long you may not have it for the beginning of bow season.

Bob

Great, start calling hunters new to the sport, the very people you need to keep hunting alive and well with funding to purchase land for conservation morons.

I'm only following the law, as others are, if you don't like it then try to have the law changed, until then stop being a jackass insulting those new to the sport who are only following the rules.

Light does not dawn on marble head.....

I agree and I will add that if you want an extra doe tag get your a$$ out of bed and go to a DFW office and wait in line like everyone else (I know its online now). It used to infuriate me that hunters were allowed to bring licenses for every Tom, Dick and Harry they knew and get one doe permit per zone, per license.

JMO

Bob

See, I am out of bed, and in WORK, for hours before they open. Something I can't get out of.
So this works for some people. It was the only way to get a permit in my home zone. Glad you have all the free time you need to get things done. Wish I did, not to mention, the closest DFW office is almost an hour away to get to. Fuel isn't cheap either.

See, I am out of bed, and in WORK, for hours before they open. Something I can't get out of.
So this works for some people. It was the only way to get a permit in my home zone. Glad you have all the free time you need to get things done. Wish I did, not to mention, the closest DFW office is almost an hour away to get to. Fuel isn't cheap either.

It is no different for me. I had to take time off of work but I only drive 45 min to DFW office arriving at 3:00AM in the morning only to find that that 8 of the ten people brought licenses from ten or more of there buddies and because of that happening at all of the DFW offices I was unable to get an antlerless tag for the zone I wanted even though I was the 11th person in line.

That was the last time I went. I take 80% of my hunting, and hunting dollars, out of state where I see more deer, there is a more liberal tag system, and far less bull$hit.

Bob

It is no different for me. I had to take time off of work but I only drive 45 min to DFW office arriving at 3:00AM in the morning only to find that that 8 of the ten people brought licenses from ten or more of there buddies and because of that happening at all of the DFW offices I was unable to get an antlerless tag for the zone I wanted even though I was the 11th person in line.

That was the last time I went. I take 80% of my hunting, and hunting dollars, out of state where I see more deer, there is a more liberal tag system, and far less bull$hit.

Bob
Well yeah, that does suck. We have done it for myself and 2 others, 3 tags, 1 each. I can't get out of work, wish I could for this stuff.
With that said, we are getting permits for zone 11. There tends to be a stockpile of those. Of coarse now, the zone line between 10 and 11 puts me 1 mile inside of zone 10 at home and on one of my hunting spots.
But most times I can get out will be in zone 11, with a full week in zone 3. And then there are all of the extra tags I get that you need a freeking 3 ring binder to hold now. Yeah, this state sucks.

Well yeah, that does suck. We have done it for myself and 2 others, 3 tags, 1 each. I can't get out of work, wish I could for this stuff.
With that said, we are getting permits for zone 11. There tends to be a stockpile of those. Of coarse now, the zone line between 10 and 11 puts me 1 mile inside of zone 10 at home and on one of my hunting spots.
But most times I can get out will be in zone 11, with a full week in zone 3. And then there are all of the extra tags I get that you need a freeking 3 ring binder to hold now. Yeah, this state sucks.

I may try and pick up a zone 10 this year as I have access to some bow hunting only property there but it is a drive. But there is no way I will do the 3:00 AM thing ever again.

I never had trouble with a few. Its the hogs that pissed me off. The person that was 2 ahead of me spent $185.00 on doe permits. I clearly heard the cashier say that will be $185.00 and he whipped out a wad of cash and said thank you very much and he went out the door with a fist full.

Connecticut is even worse for paperwork. It has gotten to the point that I keep an envelope in my pack for each state for all the paperwork.

The whole doe tag system is a joke anyway. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say that they "know someone" who just gets any doe tag that they can and they shoot a doe in any zone and put the tag on it. I was at the range today and another archer was telling me about how he saw two deer (one doe and a very short spike) checked in to a checking station in the Berkshires, still dripping blood, with zone 7 doe tags.

Bob

It is pretty bad. Lets see, we had to print these this year.
And a list of what you need to hunt and fish in MA..

1.Turkey tag
2.Bear tag
3.sporting lic.
4.Zone 3 tag
5.Zone 11 tag
6.Saltwater lic.
7.archery stamp
8.primitive firearms stamp
OK, maybe a small binder for these should do.

Connecticut is worse than this? Oy!

For Connecticut I carry:

License
Tags
Private Land permission slips
List of town codes for telecheck
List of replacement tag check in locations
Connecticut Watershed Maps, parking permit, permission slip

The list may be shorter but the envelope is thicker. LOL

Back
Top Bottom