Manchester, NH this weekend

Anyone going to this today or tomorrow?
I think I'm going to head up around noon or so.

I didn't hear anything good about the last NH show, in Concord, but I suppose it can't hurt to look.
Well can't hurt anymore than the $7 to get through the door anyway.

I'm heading up tomorrow (Sunday). Dumb question---- any primers to be had at the show, and if so, how much??? I usually deal with Glenn Sorensen (reloading guy) last few times he hasn't had any on Sunday, the few he has all go on saturday. How was the crowd size?????

Gunner

Golden Tiger 7.62 was $205 a K

Also available was Yugo 7.62 corrosive in the crates,good price but I can't recall the exact amount.Maybe around $230 for 1.2K

Guy selling E German 5.45 bakelites for $40 ea,I kind of laughed at him when he told me the price.He said "If you can get them any cheaper I'll buy them all".

I said " I am getting them the same place you are for $19.95" and walked away.[wink]

A lot less crowded than the last Manchester show.

Short line

I got there at 09:33. Only a few cars up on level four of the garage. I went down to the Center and was surprised at a line of only roughly thirty people. Plenty of room walking around. I asked the women at the entry table if they were validating parking. They pointed at a guy across from them and told me to ask the "garage manager" about the parking. I asked him what the charges were, and he asked if I would be parking for more than three hours. I said "likely not". He said over three hours was a max charge of five dollars, and under three hours was standard rate. It cost me $4.00 to park for just under two hours.
GC

Also, there were a few peeps raping attendees on ammo. On guy was selling 50 rnd Federal Champion 45 ACP 230grn FMJ (the same stuff that wally world sells for $15/box) for $35! He spouted off something about how 45 is impossible to find to justify his raping of ppl. I went a few rows over and happily paid $19/box for some 230grn fmj magtech as it was only $4 more than wally world and was actually in stock, unlike wally world.

On another note, I saw the used car salesmen of guns from Sportsmans trading co. hawking his overpriced guns. As usual, he was the ONLY person there who did not list his prices.

I'm on my way in a few minutes. I hope they have some decent inventory up there.

Golden Tiger 7.62 was $205 a K

Also available was Yugo 7.62 corrosive in the crates,good price but I can't recall the exact amount.Maybe around $230 for 1.2K

Guy selling E German 5.45 bakelites for $40 ea,I kind of laughed at him when he told me the price.He said "If you can get them any cheaper I'll buy them all".

I said " I am getting them the same place you are for $19.95" and walked away.[wink]

A lot less crowded than the last Manchester show.

The Yugo 7.62x39 was $178 for 1000 and $225 for 1250.
Did you see the "SKS" man? he was the guy with all the add on stuff for SKS. He had, are you ready for this, a AK side mount..........cost $120[rofl][rofl]

I looked at him and said you can buy these for 15 bucks, he said they are direct from Russia. I looked at the packing, made in China. He said it was a mis print[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Also, there were a few peeps raping attendees on ammo.

I take it this was your first gun show? [laugh] Every one I've ever been to involved some vendors with horrendous ammo prices. It seems every year that goes
by, they get worse, too.

-Mike

I found a few 'decent' buys on ammo. Saved maybe $.04 per round.
I also found a nice little c. 1956 Colt Woodsman with box and papers.
I'll try and upload a photo later. First time with the C&R in hand. It made life so much easier.

I take it this was your first gun show? [laugh] Every one I've ever been to involved some vendors with horrendous ammo prices. It seems every year that goes
by, they get worse, too.

-Mike

Its not my first gun show, I just noticed that the raping was worse than the rest of the vendors.

I I paid $19/box for the Magtech blueline. Considering I can't find 45acp at walmart, I didn't think $19 was a bad price considering the supply situation. If the magtech is total crap then it was a bad price, but the 9mm magtech I have shoots fine out of my XD.

My first show was September of 2008 in Concord.

I found a few 'decent' buys on ammo. Saved maybe $.04 per round.
I also found a nice little c. 1956 Colt Woodsman with box and papers.
I'll try and upload a photo later. First time with the C&R in hand. It made life so much easier.

Heh, heh, heh ...you'll find my fingerprints on that sweety. I considered it, and as things go ...it was gone when I went back.

by, they get worse, too.

-Mike

That's because people will BUY it at those "horrendous" prices...all it does is embolden the vendors to gouge more and more...

That's because people will BUY it at those "horrendous" prices...all it does is embolden the vendors to gouge more and more...

I doubt they're selling it at a rapid pace, though. I see some vendors at the shows lugging around the same crap they were selling years ago. I bet there's still that guy trying to sell a 40 round AK mag for like $50 or whatever he was trying to get for it.

-Mike

Last edited:
Heh, heh, heh ...you'll find my fingerprints on that sweety. I considered it, and as things go ...it was gone when I went back.

It's funny as I walk through those shows and gun stores in general I always wonder how many NESers are there. My son and I were deciding between that one and a couple of other things. We went with that one in the end. We would've been bummed if it had been gone when we got back. Sorry we did that to you.

It was pretty insane...i saw a guy selling a cheap 30rd AR magazine for $45 each...i then went to the Umlaut table and bought them for $10 each...

That is pretty funny. I had about 6 customer come up and take mags out of a bag and compare them to the ones i was selling for $10.. they were the same and the customer almost cried because he paid $45. It is a good reason to look around the whole show unless you really know it is a DEAL.

Pretty good turnout, thank you to all of you NES customers, we do appreciate your business and remember we ship for free to NH residents!!!!

...I always wonder how many NESers are there. ...We would've been bummed if it had been gone when we got back. Sorry we did that to you.

No problem ...you (I) snooze ...you (I) lose. I saw one other Woodsman there ...he wanted too much, and would not budge.

Perhaps you saw the Rifle Raffle display with the cartridges attached? .505 Gibbs, .416 Rigby, .408 CheyTac, .338 Lapua Magnum ...on one of the center tables? I was hanging around there for some of Sunday.

It can be tough getting around though (stopping to chat constantly). I was quite surprised that on a Sunday ..I ran into so many folks that I knew. I always get there early on Saturday if at all possible.

It must have been the weather.

PS - I saw those $45 mags too (over by that Golden Tiger and Yugo ammo) ...oofah.

Last edited:
It's funny as I walk through those shows and gun stores in general I always wonder how many NESers are there.
I look for NES'ers too, and I'm always glad when they come up and recognize me. I'm the big bald bearded guy in biker leathers with all the tattoos. Next show, if you see me, come on by and slap me on the back of the head so I'll know you're from NES. While you're at it, squeeze my woman on the butt, too. She'll love to know the NES guys are saying Hi!

Hope to see you at the next one![smile]

I saw one other Woodsman there ...he wanted too much, and would not budge.

I saw one in the far corner that was listed for something like $750. It seemed a tad high. The guy I dealt with was nice enough and he gave me a bit of a break off of the tagged price. I think it was him and his son.
I tried to teach my son (13 yrs old) a little bit about negotiating. I told him we would go back a second time and take another look but not to get too excited or to say 'I want it'.
So after our second look I tell the guy that my son and I are going to walk around and discuss it. When we leave my son says to me "Dad, don't go back too soon. We need to make him think we're looking at some other guns"
Who's teaching who?

I"ll look for you at the next show. ScottS I'll look for you too.

So, if I squeeze the butts of women who are with big biker/tattoo types, wherever I see them.... it'll be all right......... good to know.......
[rofl]

I look for NES'ers too, and I'm always glad when they come up and recognize me. I'm the big bald bearded guy in biker leathers with all the tattoos. Next show, if you see me, come on by and slap me on the back of the head so I'll know you're from NES. While you're at it, squeeze my woman on the butt, too. She'll love to know the NES guys are saying Hi!

I happen to know for a fact that the $10 mag i bought was from Lars...thanks for being reputable...

That is pretty funny. I had about 6 customer come up and take mags out of a bag and compare them to the ones i was selling for $10.. they were the same and the customer almost cried because he paid $45. It is a good reason to look around the whole show unless you really know it is a DEAL.

Pretty good turnout, thank you to all of you NES customers, we do appreciate your business and remember we ship for free to NH residents!!!!

Scott... were you at the Marlboro show? I accidently bumped into a woman with black hair... my fault... and was saying sorry to her when I see this monster biker type covered in tattoos, and wondered if I was going to die right then and there!

Seriously... that happened. Do you remember that at all?

Cheers,

Rich

Scott... were you at the Marlboro show? I accidently bumped into a woman with black hair... my fault... and was saying sorry to her when I see this monster biker type covered in tattoos, and wondered if I was going to die right then and there!

Seriously... that happened. Do you remember that at all?

Cheers,

Rich

Evidently, much to my surprise, my humor is too subtle. (Not a comment I've received much in the past.) As a result, I feel obligated to offer the following Public Service Announcement:

1. I am not a bald, bearded guy in biker leathers, covered with tattoos.
2. If you see a bald, bearded guy in biker leathers, covered with tattoos, do not walk up behind him and slap him on the back of his head as a greeting.
3. ...and this is really important, if you see a bald, bearded guy in biker leathers, covered with tattoos, under no circumstances should you squeeze his "woman" on the butt and say, "Hi, it's me. You know, from the Internet!"

Remember...

nbc_the_more_you_know1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom