• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester, NH- October 15-16

I was going to go up to this show looking for either an 1100 or 11-87, reading this it sounds kind of small. good chance of finding anything, or waste of a 4 hour round trip?

Rule 1 of gun shows is that if you expect anything you will be disappointed. Most of the guns are gonna be overpriced. You might find a break on ammo though, here or there.

-Mike

Rule 1 of gun shows is that if you expect anything you will be disappointed. Most of the guns are gonna be overpriced. You might find a break on ammo though, here or there.

-Mike

Oh I know, but I can usually pick out some odds and ends. No rush to find the gun, but if the show is tiny and/or mostly junk its not worth the drive I'd have to make.

Oh I know, but I can usually pick out some odds and ends. No rush to find the gun, but if the show is tiny and/or mostly junk its not worth the drive I'd have to make.

If you've been to Marlboro its probably less than half the size, in gross terms, but the junk table count is WAY lower than Marlboro, and usually the Ammo prices at Manch are better than most of the MA shows.

-Mike

As a MA resident, would I be able to purchase and go home with any hardware that day? I've had my eyes open for either a Mosin or a S&W 686 recently.

As a MA resident, would I be able to purchase and go home with any hardware that day? I've had my eyes open for either a Mosin or a S&W 686 recently.

Yes on long guns, but NO on handguns.

Fed Law requires a MA FFL to do the transfer to MA subjects for handguns . . . and then you have the EOPS Roster and AG Regs to contend with as well as shipping and transfer fee. Frequently not worth it except for rare handguns.

Aren't there sometimes Ma. dealers at the show that could do a transfer right there?

IIRC, Fed Law only allows an FFL to operate at the business location AND any gun show in the same state that they are licensed in. This would preclude legally doing a MA transfer at a NH show.

A NH dealer can transfer it to a MA dealer at the show and you do paperwork at the MA dealer's shop after the show is over.

That's my understanding anyway.

Yes, we are restricted for interstate sales. I am sure the Mass grabbers will fight any loosening of these laws. GC

Via GOAL's Friday news blast of 10/14/11

"WASHINGTON - Recognizing the need to revamp outdated and restrictive gun laws, U.S Senators Mark Begich (D-Alaska) and Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) have introduced the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act. The bill allows for the interstate sale of firearms and removes several antiquated and unnecessary restrictions imposed on interstate firearms transactions."

http://hatch.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/releases?ID=23d4f864-2469-4ee3-9fba-7eb0834ab192

Did a quick walk through with a few specific reloading items in mind. Unfortunately I didn't have any luck. Prices on primers and powder were $2-3 more than local distributors for the most part. Almost no vendors with bulk bullets save for one and I didn't feel like re-shaping the bullets and removing flash from them. Better luck next time.

Fitz

IIRC, Fed Law only allows an FFL to operate at the business location AND any gun show in the same state that they are licensed in. This would preclude legally doing a MA transfer at a NH show.

A NH dealer can transfer it to a MA dealer at the show and you do paperwork at the MA dealer's shop after the show is over.

That's my understanding anyway.

LenS, not sure of the law, but at the Marlboro show there were numerous out of state dealers... including the really old guy near the front door.

He did tell me once that he can't do transfers at the show, nor through another FFL at the show. He was required to bring the firearms back to CT and mail them to a MA FFL... or something like that. Which begs the question why bother attending the show at all?

I visited Saturday around 11:00. It was pretty good. At least twice the size (tables and vendors) of the one held in the ice arena in Concord.

Lots of vendors selling knives and old crap I was not interested in (old ammo for collectors, old books and manuals, old beat up guns), but also plenty selling good looking pistols and rifles of all shapes and sizes. For example, there were maybe 8-10 vendors selling more than one AR-15 type rifle.

Not a huge variety of ammo for sale, but a couple vendors had cases. The case prices for ammo was basically the same as WalMart. The prices for individual boxes was...higher everywhere I saw.

I visited Saturday around 11:00. It was pretty good. At least twice the size (tables and vendors) of the one held in the ice arena in Concord.

Lots of vendors selling knives and old crap I was not interested in (old ammo for collectors, old books and manuals, old beat up guns), but also plenty selling good looking pistols and rifles of all shapes and sizes. For example, there were maybe 8-10 vendors selling more than one AR-15 type rifle.

Not a huge variety of ammo for sale, but a couple vendors had cases. The case prices for ammo was basically the same as WalMart. The prices for individual boxes was...higher everywhere I saw.

Ditto.

Nothin' really jumped out to me, just got some stripper clips and 8mm ammo and a new flashlight and thats about it, good size though, first one I've been too in a while.

I was there for about 90 minutes this afternoon. No luck for me finding the older style Browning Buck Mark mags there. I spoke to a few vendors and they said that they are very hard to find. No jerkey at this show either. I did get a pair of the molded ear plugs, so it wasn't a complete waste. It seemed like there were a lot more rifle vendors here than other shows I've been to (or maybe I was just paying more attention).

I grabbed a couple of books and a couple of mags.I does seem this time of year for the Manchester show they tend to have alot more Hunting stuff.If I was a vendor I would have hunting stuff out also.

For the record though the smell was waaaaay down lol.

took the wife and kid, spent a few hours bumped into a bunch of folks I knew from when I was in the car business. most were selling knives go figure and one is not the president of a pistol club in Manchester. the prices were as stated above. did meet a nice guy that makes knives in VT. think I am going to take a field trip with the boy to show him the process

went with drgrant, show was weeeeeeeeeak. found a henry lever gun in .357 at gene's table from state line (best table along with umlaut's) but couldn't afford it, well, i could--but my fiancee would kill me.

otherwise it was slim pickings for ammo though i did snag some mean fiocchi .357 magnum which created delightful fireballs out of my model 19 at MFL after the show.

there was also a bastardized AMD-65 for cheap money that with the right parts and some time could be converted to a MA-legal AMD-65 with very minimal effort. again, fiancee would kill me especially considering that i'm building an AK next weekend anyway.

What a terrible show, between the show and parking I should have flushed $20 down the toilet. They should advertise it as a Knife/Book/Raffle show. At least we don't have any Jerky or Beanie Baby's.

I scored another AK for my collection!!!! Show was smaller than usual however I found some Finn slings for 20 bucks, a M28 bayonet for $45. I worked the show Sunday so parking was only 5 bucks. The promoter is loosing customers. There were fliers being sent around for a show next year in Plymouth ma. 600 tables, I think she wont throw away the original printing format ...all the shows are the same size...yeah sure.Also picked up some 40 and 45 caliber Winchester protection ammo for 11 bucks a box.
I enjoyed myself, and got paid!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom