Manchester, NH- October 15-16

The next Manchester show is coming up soon, right after the end of fall shotgun turkey season. As usual $8 to get in, hours on Saturday are 9am to 5pm, Sunday 9am to 2pm.

I'll be wearing a NES patch; any interest in meeting up around lunchtime on Saturday?

Great show for at lkeast one reason, NO SALES TAX. Ammo prices are usually better as well.

Hopefully better ammo prices, i tried to get some .32 ACP at Marlborough, BIG price increase, so i left it all at the dealer.

I might be able to do lunchtime, on Sunday, [STRIKE=how late are they there till?]how late are they there till?[/STRIKE] is 2 hours enough time??

If you walk fast and aren't interested in rusty old militaria, or the various political/advocacy group tables, 2 hours is plenty of time for the Manchester show.

If you walk fast and aren't interested in rusty old militaria, or the various political/advocacy group tables, 2 hours is plenty of time for the Manchester show.

Yup.. it's basically the one or two ammo dealers that might not suck depending on how the wind is blowing, couple of knife guys worth buying from, and like one or two shop booths worth visiting... it's probably the "fastest" gun show I go to.

-Mike

I was hoping to go but my band landed a gig this Saturday at Nashua HD so I gotta go (band sounds like crap without a bass). Maybe Sunday...

Seriously. I've learned my lesson. Sorry I won't be at this one - I'm sure someone will bust my chops for not going. ;)

drgrant:2064721 said:

Yup.. it's basically the one or two ammo dealers that might not suck depending on how the wind is blowing, couple of knife guys worth buying from, and like one or two shop booths worth visiting... it's probably the "fastest" gun show I go to.

-Mike

Mike, do you know if that seller I bought the knives from in Concord is usually there?

Mike, do you know if that seller I bought the knives from in Concord is usually there?

I am pretty sure Dave is going to be there.... I just looked at his sched. and he's listed Manchester.

-Mike

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Dave is going to be there.... I just looked at his sched. and he's listed Manchester.

-Mike

Sweet.. I need another one.. something in the 2.5 inch range so I can actually carry it when I have to work downtown.. sheesh!

And I have orders from the women who rule my life for small pink utility knives..

Jesus, they want pink AR's.. no bs.. PINK AR's!!!! I'm gonna have to do a separate thread on that one... LOL!

Wont be there Saturday due to the shoot on the cape. For me that's great, I get a break from working the show. Its one of my favorite shows however. No sales tax and prices are usually good on new rifles if you look around. High Point carbines are common and no shipping, sales tax and there are Ma dealers there to do the transfer. $20 bucks is the going transfer fee. And the best part, you walk out the door with it. No waiting!

I wasn't planning on going, but I've had a hard time finding the old style mags for my Browning Buck Mark. All of the mags available online are the new style with the bigger baseplate, and I've read that they don't work well in older Buck Marks. Anyone with more gun show experience think I'll have any luck finding them at Manchester?

Jesus, they want pink AR's.. no bs.. PINK AR's!!!! I'm gonna have to do a separate thread on that one... LOL!

My wife took one look at Nicole's pink camo AR and said, "I want one of those."

what price could I expect to get 1000 rounds of xm193 for?

At Concord I saw Privi M193 for like $300 a case... so if the same vendor shows up, that's a possibility. I would guess that XM193 is probably slightly more expensive than that. If you can, get the Privi... it's awesome ammo. A case of privi also has 5 "battlepacks" in it of 200 rounds apiece, which is kind of handy.

-Mike

I am not up to speed on all the 5.56 but isn't the Prvi M193 the same as XM193? heck at this point I am not real fussy as to what as long and I can get some rounds downrange with may new toy. I don't know if I can wait till the show [smile]

I am not up to speed on all the 5.56 but isn't the Prvi M193 the same as XM193? heck at this point I am not real fussy as to what as long and I can get some rounds downrange with may new toy. I don't know if I can wait till the show [smile]

Well, XM193 is made in the US, (federal lake city) and Privi M193 is made in Serbia.... but IMO Privi is more consistent lot to lot, and the ammo just plain looks a lot better, for about the same price, and often even a little bit less.

-Mike

I was going to go up to this show looking for either an 1100 or 11-87, reading this it sounds kind of small. good chance of finding anything, or waste of a 4 hour round trip?

Back
Top Bottom